Search

Dominican Republic

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2007, 01:37 PM
iw
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dominican Republic

Any thoughts on this place? Would love feedback as far as things to do, places to stay and whether it is built up (like Aruba) or not.
Thanks!
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 05:42 PM

Aruba is not anything like the D.R...I have found it very sanitized...you just can't use the word "charming" or tropical or for me desirable. We love the D.R. .. unfortunately at this tie the all inclusives are the way to go.. we are going to one resort in exactly one month for the 5th time.. and this is our 12th time in the D.R.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM

ParrotMom, which resort are you so fond of? We are visiting Punta Cana for the first time soon (Excellence). Tell us more about what it is that you like about the D.R. and what things you do there.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was at Excellence two years ago when it was still Secrets Excellence. We had a wonderful, relaxing time. The service there is fantastic and the food was very good. We just wanted to relax, so we spent most of our day just enjoying the wonderful beach.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 06:57 PM
iw
Original Poster

We have been the AI route, and it is not for us. I think we are headed elsewhere...Thanks for the information!
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 07:39 AM

Sunscape Casa Del Mar.. or any Sunscape..does not require you to make reservations at their restaurants nor wear a plastic band.. This resort is very popular now and had difficulty getting the room we wanted in Sept. for February.. normally we wait until November...They have just added a brands new infinity pool and bar in the pool, a Crepes restaurant, a new building and when I walk through the entrance on February 4th... I want to be surprised.. Last year it was an aviary, a covered terrace for breakfast and their bufet area...If you want glitz this is not the place.. but if you want to sit and soak up the rays, drink, eat, play,swim in the gorgeous water.. this is for y ou. and of course me...if you want more info about this lovely little resort in La Romana please write.. [email protected]