Do u know Edgewater Inn, Barbados?

Oct 31st, 2000, 09:11 AM
kathleen

Do u know Edgewater Inn, Barbados?

I'm traveling to Barbados in December and may stay at the Edgewater Inn. Does anyone know this place? Is it too far from town?

Oct 31st, 2000, 11:37 AM
Dodi Mae

YES! It's far from EVERYTHING except the Roundhouse Restaurant & you have to go thru a not so pleasant residential area from the main road. Unbelievably dark & spooky to me on that side at night. I can see staying there for a day or 2, because the east coast (the natural scenery) is so very relaxing & pretty, but I'd not try to use it as a base to go anywhere else. Barbados doesn't look that big, but the roads aren't marked very well & they twist & turn & double back. Traffic is either very heavy or non-existent (on the east). The view from the Edgewater's pool area is fabulous. Except for the restaurant & the courtyard the property appears very run down & even a little dirty. I read on another site that the owners want to sell.

Oct 31st, 2000, 12:17 PM
kathleen

I've searched back in the history on this site and there are comments dating back to 97 that say it's rundown and not a good choice. Does anyone have a better suggestion in the same price range -- $125/night? Thanks!

Oct 31st, 2000, 02:26 PM
Leila

If youre not set on the east coast, (personally I prefer the south coast), as it is centally located. Yes, its a bit more crowded on the south, but there are so many restaurants, bars, entertainment, etc. around there (St. Lawrence Gap and Bridgetown), it makes it very convenient. My favorite is Sandy Beach Resort, which as its name implies, lies on a beautiful, wide, white sand beach w/ calm clear water. The beach there is not crowded, and the price of a studio there is about the same as the $125/night you said the Edgewater Inn cost. There are even 1 b/r with kitchens, which cuts down on the cost of food!

Oct 31st, 2000, 03:52 PM
David

Kathleen, what amenities/area are you looking for (in addition to the price range)? Beachfront I assume? Also, I wonder what do you mean by "town"? Unless you have business in Bridgetown it is not a place you want to spend a lot of time. The area around Holetown is nice (restaurants, shopping), but only a few places in your price range. The Gap is a better bet for your price, also easy access to nightlife & shopping, some good restaurants, tho in all honesty we did not think they compared to the wonderful meals we had on the west. We did not eat at the most expensive places because we didn't want to dress up on vacation.

Feb 10th, 2001, 06:33 AM
Teri

Kathleen,

Just curious how you made out? We are headed to Barbados in March. I've stayed at Edgewater before but only for 2 nights. It's a little too far out of the way for us.

Teri