Search

Divi Beach Resort

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 07:55 AM
carole

Divi Beach Resort

I am getting married and going on my honeymoon to aruba. We have picked the Divi Beach Resort and need information on the resort. If anyone has been there, and stayed all inclusive, please let me know what the resort is all about.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 09:09 AM
mackie

hi there, if i were you i would look for another resort. This hotel was like a motel 6 on a beautiful beach and unless you are alcoholics the food is monotonous not worth the money. We stayed in a casita and the walls were paperthin we could hear the people next door go to the bathroom. The staff was extremely rude. There are many wonderful restaurants on the island and also you should look into the radisson or the costa linda or one of the other hotels. very old, mildew and front desk wants to hear NOTHING!!!! I would never want to spend my honeymoon at this resort!!!!

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 11:04 AM
mike

best wishes on your upcoming nuptuals, <BR> my wife and I recently stayed at the Wyndham(not all-inclusive), and <BR>couldn't have been more satisfied!!!

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 02:28 PM
kelly

I completely disagree with the negative review that was posted. My hsband and I stayed their for our honeymoon in Spetember 1999. We had the BEST time and thought that the beach was the best in Aruba. The hotel is not luxury but fine!! We didn't spend that much time in our room. The food was fine, we reallt liked the one outdoor restauraunt that was a la carte. I would recommend the Lanuai room which is right on the beach and we could step out of our slidding glass door and the beach was 10 feet away. I think it is the most romantic and special place to stay on your honeymoon. Other hotles are more luxurious but not inimate like this one. We can not wait to go back. Let me know if you need any more info. I say, go for it!

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 06:07 AM
pec

The Divi is not the finest Aruba has to offer..and you only get married once..!! <BR>I have been to Costa Linda five times and always leave satisfied and happy. Their beach is the widest in the caribbean and makes you feel that you are in heaven...!The rooms are spotless and the staff is quite nice. The resort feels deserted during weekdays and full during weekends and the beach is so wide that you don't even hear the murmur of other people talking. Another option would be the Hyatt which is gloriously luxurious but the beach is not as nice..If I got married I'd choose Costa Linda..you'll thank me later..I think they have a web site (it must be costalinda.com) enjoy... <BR> <BR>ps..I don't work at costa linda or anything like that..I just love the place and have lots of good holiday memories there.