Reload this Page >

Discovery Point Club, Grand Cayman

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Zoe

Any comments from someone who has stayed here recently? Also any comments abt. restaurants or small interesting out of the way places on Grand Cayman in that area? I was wondering about the small town of West specifically. There is much already written abt. Georgetown. Thanks. Zoe

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Sandy

Zoe,<BR>Discovery Point is a very nice condo on northern 7MB. Great beach and no crowds! Snorkeling is great in that area also. There is no town called West on Grand Cayman. The only town on the island is Georgetown. There are many districts on the island such as Boddentown, Breakers, West Bay, Rum Point, etc. As far as restaurants go, there are many great places to eat on GC. Two out of the way places that I think are really good are The Lighthouse in Breakers, and The Edge in Boddentown.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 11:56 AM
freewoman

Well, Sandy, there is Hell and it touts itself as being a town even though all it is is a post office and gift shop. Seems like there is a town hall up there not too far from the PO/GS.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Sandy

Freewoman, <BR>What is PO/GS??? While I have you here, what is it about St. Lucia that you don't like? I respect your opinion on many postings, and I have always thought about going to St. Lucia until I started hearing many negative posts. Poverty, crime etc. I always thought Ladera would be interesting. You know I'm a Cayman person, so would I hate St. Lucia?? Would really like your perspective!! Thanks,<BR>Sandy

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 03:34 AM
Sandy

Freewoman,<BR>Got your e-mail! Thank you so much!<BR>Sandy

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Pete

Actually George Town is one of 6 official districts in the CI, and so is West Bay. Many locals refer to places like West Bay or Bodden Town as towns, and George Town is also considered to as a city.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Zoe

Sandy, Thank you. Actually had a brain lapse, I meant to say town of "West Bay", (left off the "Bay").<BR>