Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Discount rates possible at Peter Island?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of any ways to beat those steep rates for beachfront accommodations? Any TA's offer good discounts? I've searched the web best I know how, but I'm not very sophisticated in this kind of thing. Would love to hear of ways to get better rate. Thanks!
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 11:06 AM

For what it is worth I've never heard of anyone getting a better than the standard room rates that are offered on the resort's web-site (www.peterisland.com) - use the "BEST RATE Guarantee" link under the "Rates Section.

FYI - That's pretty much the same story with all of the "premier" resorts in the Caribbean - they have no trouble getting top dollar for their rooms so they don't offer incentive discounts. They only way to pay lower prices is to go during "Low Season" (vs. High Season) but you'll still pay the same room rate as everyone else who is staying there the same time as you.
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

I've just learned that if one books through a "Virtuoso" travel agent (instead of directly with PI), there's a $150 rebate that one can use at the resort-- spa, wine, whatever. So that helps a tiny bit. I'm still searching....
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 06:01 AM

I don't know whether they've done P.I/, but www.luxurylink.com has spectacular discounts at the places they post. You have to check them frequently to see what pops up.
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 09:35 AM

re Luxury Link. It seems like a great deal but you need to keep in mind the airline situation for the property you are considering. For example, if it's a 4 day package, and you can only get a weekly flight, then that might be a problem. If it's an island with no direct flights, you have to probably deal with two airlines. If you can only reserve in off season months, and the charters only fly in high season, then you will be paying top dollar for airfare. The Luxury Link packages also tend to "upsell" with extra amenities so it seems like a great deal. Just do your research carefully before using Luxury Link. I know many people have had great success, but you need to compare apples with apples.
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 03:53 PM

Here is a great site to go to fore great deals on beach front accomodations.

www.ytbtravel.com/dreamscapegetaway
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

I tried to use ytb to see what their Peter Island rate would be, but I ran into trouble. I'm not a sophisticated web user and that site asked me to do things with "cookies" etc. All sounded much too involved and cumbersome. I attempted to telephone the outfit, but was put on hold for a very long time and finally gave up. Is there any way to get a quote by telephone or by some simpler web means? Thanks.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 10:15 AM

I agree with one of the previous posters, use a VIRTUOSO agent. We usually get breakfast included plus some other perks such as upgrades, etc.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 10:41 AM

poss, if I were you I'd disregard info from a poster advertising on this forum. It's strictly prohibited and his outfit most probably is a scam or otherwise undesirable.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 03:25 PM

Peter Island is one of the Andrew Harper's Q Club members. Of course you have to join the Club to get the "special" rates but whenever I used them in the past, they were wonderful and well worth the price of membership.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 12:57 PM

Peter Island is on luxurylink right now with one ending today.

http://luxurylink.com/auctions/auc_d...60958&nav=