Search

December Honeymoon BeachFront Cottage/Resort

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
December Honeymoon BeachFront Cottage/Resort

Hi,

I am looking for a BeachFront Cottage/Resort for our Honeymoon during the Christmas-New Year holidays. My budget is $200 per night. Could anyone please suggest a nice beachfront vacation rental place or a resort for honeymooners? I have posted this message in Carribean Islands forum, but I would be open to any other places close to the US, that would be as warm as the Caribbean in December.

Please suggest...
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:28 PM

I'd like to hear what others come up with, you are asking for the most expensive time to travel, most resorts raise the rates ( a lot) during this period.
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

I know.. but we got married in Dec '08 and have been postponing our honeymoon as we will be getting married again in our home country this May . We don't have enough vacation in May so the only choice is December. anything later than that would definitely defeat the whole purpose of honeymoon. We would rather call it our anniversary . Anyways, we are still not sure about the dec thing . but the sooner the better, unless we find great deals for later. For now, all I need to get is a comprehensive list of places I can look into. as there are thousands out on google and i am completely confused....

Here is what we would like in terms of priority -

1)White Sand, Turquoise water
2)Beach Front or closer Cottage/Resort
4)Good Eating places around as we LOVE eating
5)Nice rooms
6)Honeymoon packages if any

Budget - 200 per night max.. I might sound ridiculous here so
Please suggest even if it is slightly higher than the budget. I would just like to make a list of places first and then based on the budget and requirements short list them.

Thanks a bunch!
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:26 PM

You might want to look at a small beachfront hotel on Grenada called La Sagesse. It might have rooms under $200/night in high season. Or at least pretty close to that. The hotel is small and quite isolated, so you'd have to rent a car to get around to the rest of the island. It's a beautiful beach, cove-like, but the sand isn't white and the water doesn't have that brilliant turquoise hue that you're talking about.

Honestly, I don't think you're going to find a place with "nice rooms" on the beach in your price range over the holidays. If you can accept "clean & neat" it opens more choices to you. There are a number of small hotels and inns in Negril, Jamaica, either on or near the beach that would be around your price range. Check out the small place called Kuyaba. Idle Awhile is a little more than your price range, but it gets stellar reviews.

There's a tiny inn called the Crescent Beach Inn on Bequia that would probably be in your price range. It's very basic but it's charming and it's on a gorgeous beach. It's a little isolated, but not as isolated as La Sagesse on Grenada. Bequia also takes a little more effort to get to, but the upswing is that the island offers more off the beaten path options and is also less expensive than the places with mega-resorts.

I wish you luck finding a nice place to honeymoon.
Old May 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM

Okay, assuming the swine flu issue will be long gone by then, I am going to recommend the Shangri-La Caribe in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. It's a funky, Robinson Crusoe, thatched roof/hammocks kind of place with breakfast and dinner included and I think it is a really good value. You fly into Cancun and it's about 45 minutes from there. And PDC is really fun. One word of warning though -- over the holidays resorts will be overrun with kids. Not exactly a honeymoon atmosphere so be prepared. You could go to an adults only resort but that will be way out of your price range.
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

guys.. thanks for your feedback... i convinced my husband that we should go for a honeymoon to our dream place[5 points listed above], during the non-peak time. Also that will not limit us just to Caribbean... So I am waiting for more suggestions, places ... I heard from my friends that places in Thailand are cheaper for honeymoon and we can find white sand,turquoise water which we would love to have.. may be i will post my question in that forum as well. Please suggest more places as I am adding all of these to my list! Thanks a lot!!
Old May 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM

The fiance and myself have looked around quite a bit and have decided on Phuket Thailand from Nov 30th - Dec 20th. Our first choice would have been Koh Samui but the weather in the first half of December isn't all that great. In fact one of the main attractions - the Ang Thong National marine park actually closes because of storms and dangerous waters. If you're planing on being there after the 20th I'd recommend Koh Smaui. Both offer a lot on a reasonable budget. A great website for accommodation is www.holidaylettings.co.uk. Rather than hotels, it offers homes and apartments for rent, many of which are extraordinary for the price. Koh Samui is just slightly more secluded from the hustle of city life.

Do your own research on Phuket (pronounced Poo Kit - haha..) but just a few of the attractions are amazing weather, turquoise waters, white sand beaches, longboat trips to the surrounding islands, elephant tour rides, great food. The list goes on.