Search

Day trip suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day trip suggestions?

Going to be on St. John in mid-December and looking for day trip/snorkel trip suggestions, preferably a sailing trip.
We're already booked on New Horizons, have done Stormy Petrel, and have done a trip around St. John. Thanks for your input!
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 06:43 AM

I have heard great reviews abouth White Wing - a sailing yacht out of Coral Bay. Go to Stjohnlinks.com.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 08:16 AM

My husband and I just returned from St. John last month and booked for the 2nd time the Scubadu. The daysail is private and a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion. Check out sailvi.com and give Joe a call. Any questions please feel free to ask - Susan
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 07:50 AM

Hi. Brand new fodorite here!
We're on our way to St. John for our honeymoon in early December.
We'd like to do one of the day sails, but now I'm wondering if ANY of the boats have a bathroom on them? Know it's an embarassing first question, but my finace has mild IBS, and I want him to feel comfortable, even on a long boat ride.
So, can anyone tell me about the bathroom situation on the daysails? (We'd been hoping to do New Horizons II or Breakaway).
Thanks!
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 08:48 PM

cmonkey: Perfectly legitimate question. Yes, most boats have a "head" or bathroom, usually quite small, but will do in a pinch. There is a kiosk at the waterfront in Cruz Bay that carries information about all kinds of daytrips. We went on a wonderful catamaran which operates out of the Westin. It was lovely to sail all day, stopping at a couple of snorkel spots and to Jost Van Dyke in the BVI. Limnios is a bigger motor boat which also operates out of the Westin and goes to Virgin Gorda and Norman Island in one trip.
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 06:09 AM

hello cmonkey, welcome. i have done the new horizons trip. it is outstanding! great boat,nice friendly crew. good munchies and painkillers. def has bathroom - as tux said small but functional.
new horizons will pick you up on st. john. next stop the baths, followed by a long cruise to marina cay for lunch at pussers. then to monkey point for more snorkel and finally to the soggy dollar on jost van dyke.
you need your passport, and cash for lunch, soggy dollar (white bay has several shops,etc so maybe t-shirt $$)
take plenty of sunscreen and maybe a close fitting tshirt to snorkel in.
bathrooms available at pussers and soggy dollar. your trip is soon and new horizons may already be booked. if this trip appeals to you i would call them TODAY. their # is 800.808.7604
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 06:11 AM

well this is completely off task - but - having tried before to include smileys in my posts on purpose i now find i have made one by accident... go figure!!
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 10:15 AM

Thank you for your responses...and sorry to ZJean for taking over the post w/ a new question (I should have started a new thread and I apologize).
Will contact New Horizons today to try to book the day trip. I wasn't super worried about booking way ahead of time since we'll be there for 8 days and we really have no schedule...so any day they have an opening will work for us!
Thanks again!
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 09:40 PM

Virginia: that sign is not a smiley face! I think we should call that one "sticker shock" with those dollar signs.