Day charter/Virgin Gorda

Search

Day charter/Virgin Gorda

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Day charter/Virgin Gorda

Looking for referrals for a day charter - maybe half a day, for snorkeling. Potentially another day will be looking for fishing trip. Travelling to VG 7/15-7/25 - 2 adults, 4 kids aged 8-14. Help appreciated.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

will be on virgin gorda
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 03:04 PM

lindaleigh, I'll be on VG overlapping some of your time with my husband and our then-15 year old granddaughter. snorkeling is a huge priority for us and i've been reading about our various options for a daytrip. it seems that most daydails have more time sailing than snorkeling, which if course many folks love just as much.

would you be interested in discussing the possibility of our sharing a charter for a snorkeling-emphasized half-day or full day on the water?
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I would be interested in discussing splitting a rental. What companies are you looking at? Which days are your trip?
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 06:21 AM

Lindaleigh, we'll be there only 5 nights, arriving on July 12 and leaving on July 17. It looks like the 16th would be the only day your visit and my visit would overlap. What say you?

Double D is the only website I've really checked out. You?
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 07:00 AM

I hate to bust your ballon but the only decent snorkeling left around VG is Cooper Island,Oil Nut Bay and the Baths. There is one more island near Cooper, name excapes me now that has fair to good snorkeling. There is a fellow with a nice power boat that works with Biras Creek but not exclusively that will take up to 5 for ~$800 for 7 hours. His name is Mitchell and really knows his way around. Sorry but you'd have to get contact info from Biras or Little Dix. The days of vivid coral, many fish and sea anenomes are dead or dying from global warming, pollution and storms over the past 5 years.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 12:47 PM

<sigh> StanKase, I hate to burst *your* balloon, but not everybody has the same snorkeling standards that you do. You're very fortunate to have snorkeled among the best places in the world, and I envy that, but not everybody expects or needs "top shelf" snorkeling at every outing. My last trip to the BVI I was thrilled with the snorkeling around Cooper Island and at the Baths and will be happy to duplicate that experience. I've also heard very good things about the snorkeling around the Dogs and Fallen Jerusalem, which I will be happy to explore if the opportunity presents itself.

Old Apr 9th, 2007, 06:06 PM

ejcrowe; I agree Cooper Island and the Baths as well as Oil Nut Bay Island (in cetain areas) are still "good" spots and come near Caneel off 5 of their 7 beaches. My stardards are high but for those who were in Virgin Gorda 4-5 years ago or GC or Curacao -West Est End or Bonaire I would not want them to be as disappointed as I was last Dec. That really is my only point.