Search

Daniel's Head Village

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:42 AM
bernie

Daniel's Head Village

Any feedback (good or bad)on a stay at Daniel's Head Village in Bermuda?? Also, how's the Bermuda weather in late October, early November?? Any guidance on subject, much appreciated!!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 12:45 PM
maria

I have not stayed at Daniel's Head but I visited it in June while on the island. I loved it. Some of the cottages are on pier's directly over the ocean and have a "window" in the floor so you can look into the ocean. The property has only been open a few months and the vegetation on the property is new. The ocean view and beaches are lovely and very tranquil. There is a clubhouse with restaurant, bar and small pool. THe cottages were small and I don't think that there were TV's and phones, but you would have to confirm. I don't think that it is for everyone--more rustic than a resort, but very private and peaceful. All of the cottages had small decks. I would go for one right on the ocean. Access to all water sports is convenient.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 02:47 PM
Peggy

Maria, <BR>Do you mean you would go for one over the water or were the ones on the beach better access to watersports? Didn't look like there was a ladder into the water from the ones on the pier so you would have to walk back to the beach anyway?

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 03:02 PM
maria

They are all very convenient to the beaches--within a short walking distance. The beach is in sight of all the cabins. It is not a huge property. The property is on a pennisula so the ocean is on all sides but one. There are some that are not open yet that are further back on the shore. I would select one that is right on the water--with the floor window, just because the scenery is more beautiful. You cannot access the beaches directly from the cabin. You just walk to one of the beaches, from any of the cabins. The ones closest to the ocean were very special, because you have a little patio that looks right out on the ocean. They are more expensive on a nightly basis. Their web site has pretty accurate pictures of the property. Hope you enjoy it.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 07:26 AM
Dan

We just came back from Bermuda. we stayed four nights at Daniel's head and we loved it. There are three types of tent-cottages: right on the water, on the wateredge and on the hill. I would definitely take a wateredge cottage (room 614 to be more specific). Daniel's head is not for those seeking luxury (no A/C no TV's) you are close to the nature. We went swimming in front of our cottage as soon as we arrived at 11.00 p.m. There are activities in the hotel (walking tours, biking trips, kayaking and snorkeling) but nothing noisy, fancy or glitzy. The hotel is not cheap, but everything is expensive in Bermuda. Also, the cabride to the hotel is approx. $45 and there is no other way you can get there. The western side of the island (where Daniel's head is located) is less touristy. Visiting Saint George on the other side, for example, is a long trip, particularly if you are planning on riding your moped. Overall, I highly recommend it.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Peggy

Thanks for the info! I have a few places I'm researching for spring so the more info the better. Is there anywhere else to go on excursions or places to eat while staying at Daniels Head? How was the food? Is there a frig or coffee makers in the cottages. We like privacy & small properties so we are not looking for glitzy at all but do like pristine & upscale if possible. Thanks for the info so far.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 06:09 AM
daniel

You would have to rent a moped , take a bus or a taxi. There are some excursions at the hotel but the offering is limited. There is only one restaurant. The food is good. There is a frig and a coffe maker in the rooms. The hotel is not upscale. The cottage-tents are spartan. As to privacy, my opinion is mixed. On the one hand the cottages are very private because they are just for you and your couple. On the other hand, they are a bot to close one to the other and because it is linen (and not walls) you can hear a bit when others talk (or snore if snoring is too strong). The room has a fan (no a/c) and as I said no TV. I have heard that the Reefs hotel is very nice (it is probably twice as expensive). Regards