Curtain bluff

Aug 29th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Original Poster

Curtain bluff

Has anyone visited curtain bluff recently, I have sent for the brochure & it looks gorgeous, but would like opinions please of any recent visitors. We are planning our next years holidays.
Aug 29th, 2006, 08:16 AM

I stopped bye about 2 years ago while on Antiqua. I must admit I was not that impressed with the physical structures. Yes, it is on a bluff with a beautiful few of the Caribbean 75+ yards away. It was more like a 2 story higher end motel.
We did not eat there so cannot comment on the quality of food or service.You should know, if you enjoy good snorkeling, Antiqua is one island like St.Martin that has fair to poor snorkeling. When we were there the water visibility on most days was 15-20 feet. Hope that helps. The resort of choice, though expensive, is Jumby Bay which has it all except real good snokeling.
Aug 29th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Stan
I emailed the resort & they are in the process of refurbishing, so that all units will have aircon. Jumby Bay is a bit more than we want to pay & we have already stayed at Galley Bay & Blue Waters & fancied a change! We are going to Nevis for our second week.
Aug 29th, 2006, 03:26 PM

DianeC; You should love Nevis. If it is Nesbit Plantation, Montpier or Four Seasons they all are wonderful in their own way. But, being an avid snorkeler I must tell you Nevis is only fair for snorkeling. We went on a day trip to St. Kitts where we landed to get to Nevis and the snorkeling was a good deal better. It is not St. John or B.V.I. quality but good. Enjoy
Aug 30th, 2006, 09:04 AM

Be sure to visit Chevy's Beach Bar during your stay in Nevis.

For more information on Nevis visit www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com

Aug 30th, 2006, 01:17 PM

DianeC; Unless Curtain Bluff is a bargain, on second thought, I cannot see it being a real lovely place. Also, construction sometimes takes twice as long as they say and you do not want to be near the hammers and nails.
But having visited Antiqua only twice in 12 years and do not have any other suggestion than Jumby Bay. While we loved it it was excessively priced and while you got the value for the money it will be many years before we return.
Aug 30th, 2006, 04:01 PM

We did stay at Curtain Bluff 2 1/2 years ago, and truly loved it! We stayed in one of the newer oceanfront junior suites and found it very spacious and comfortable. They have two beaches, Atlantic and Caribbean. The Caribbean beach in particular is great -- soft white sand, lots of shade available, calm water, and pretty good shorkeling off the beach. Food and service are outstanding. Good live entertainment every night during the season. We were there over Valentine's Day, and they had a surprise party at the beach restaurant for lunch, with smoked salmon, caviar, lobster and champaign and a great local band. Romantic? You bet! You didn't say how old you are, but this is not a resort for 20-somethings. More sedate than this crowd would generally prefer with not much nightlife. But if you are looking for a refined, upscale resort with great service and amenities, this is the place.
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Hi Angler It should suit us fine. oh to be 20 somethings!! We are 60 somethings, but only feel young! thanks for your help

Diane
Sep 1st, 2006, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

By the way Stan, we are staying at the Nisbet, anything or anywhere you recommend is worth going to see? Yes, we have got a good deal , far cheaper than anywhere else with www.caribbean-hotels.com , but email , don't take the prices off the website!
Sep 4th, 2006, 09:07 AM

Hi DianeC,
Nisbet is great. Take a tour of the island with Marlon Brando (really.) He can usually be found hanging out around the resort. Also take a hike up Mt. Nevis. Can't remember the name of the guide who took us, but the hotel can set you up. Enjoy!
Sep 5th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Angler & I have printed your answer & will put it into our file.