Curacao- where to stay?

Jan 18th, 2019, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Curacao- where to stay?

Hi! My bf and I are looking for a quick (thinking 5 days) trip to the Caribbean. We've been back and forth on where to go, but I think we've landed on Curacao. My question is WHERE TO STAY? I've done a bit of research and it looks like Pietermaai section of Willemstad is the fun "exciting" place on the island. However the best beaches seem to be in the Northwest section near Lagun. I was wondering if anyone who's been has any suggestions?

What we're hoping to experience: Some relaxation: Lazy beach days, sitting on a balcony with a drink, etc... and Some adventure Hiking, scuba diving. When we travel were not big on "crazy nightlife" but we love walking around town and talking to locals or making friends. The reason we chose Curacao was 1) the price- it's much less expensive than some other options 2) Less touristy- don't get me wrong, we can be tourists, but we were hoping for more of an authentic "Caribbean" feel this go around.

We're going in March/April if that makes any difference.

Thank you!
Jan 19th, 2019, 02:10 AM

Your research seems to have missed an area called Piscadera where several beachfront hotels are located. But then again, you donít want to be a tourist so that might not work. Rent a car and visit other parts of the island.

Last edited by Odin; Jan 19th, 2019 at 02:12 AM.