Cruzin for the first time

Feb 24th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Cruzin for the first time

We are going to cruise the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Triumph in May - can anyone offer any cruise tips? excursions tips? Anything??
Feb 25th, 2004, 09:19 AM

Hi. We were first-time cruisers in October-November and went to Western Caribbean. To which places are you going?
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:16 PM

We cruised the West. Caribbean in July of 2003 with Holland America. I'm not sure where your stops are, but we stopped in Cozumel and did the Tulum Ruins shore excursion. Truly an amazing experience ! We also did StingRay City and a tour in Georgetown. Both excursions were done via the cruise line and while the Tulum trip was wonderful, the StingRay City and Georgetown tour was insane crazy with too many people. Best tip for a cruise... dress up for formal night and enjoy ! We loved being pampered and will definetely be cruising again !
Feb 27th, 2004, 02:50 PM

My advice is to do the excursons on your own. Just do a little research on top sites for the ports you will call on and then get a cab (they will be waitung, trust me) or a local tour co. You will save alot.
Feb 28th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

huggybear:

We are going to Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Ocho Rio. It seems to be a nice cruise where you can relax every other day at sea. We lead pretty hectic lives (as everyone else does as well!) and would like to have alot of down time. In doing my research, I have heard alot of "do the excursions on your own - you save alot of $$" How much do you really save? Is it that much cheaper? How did your cruise go in the fall? What did you do? Do you regret not doing something? Would you do it again?