CRUISE ADVICE?

Feb 12th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Stephanie

CRUISE ADVICE?

I would like to take a 7 or 10 day cruise at some point during mid-april through mid-may of this year. I would prefer the western caribbean, having been already to st. thomas, cancun, jamaica...

any thoughts on which line is best (i was on royal caribbean years ago) and why these days? it will be a gift to myself for turning 30, and would prefer to go w/a boat w/cool locales, with great sports/ent., less/no kids, good night life, and less crowded overall....i am going with a single friend. is this all possible without spending more than $1500?
HELP!
Stephanie

Feb 12th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Carib Fan

Ever thought of a Windjammer? Great fun, not a lot of people, great for singles,visit different islands...very casual. www.windjammer.com

Feb 12th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Penney

We went on a cruise last year and did alot of research on the different lines. From my understanding, Carnival is going to have tons of children, caters more to familes and is most casual. Celebrity (which we went on) is more reserved - not stuffy, but few children, quieter, less Las Vegas and more sophicated. Royal Caribbean in in between. Our route was from Aruba ending in Puerto Rico.

celebrity was wonderful - good nightlife, wonderful food, nice decor - ritz wihtout the glitz! Would go on Celebrity again but would go on one of thier larger ships - Horizon is too small.

Feb 12th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Gail

For a lot of cruise advise try
www.cruise-addicts.com

Feb 12th, 2002, 05:54 PM
xxx

After reading the previous note there are obviously some very sick people out there.
To answer your question on crusises go to
http://www.cruise-addicts.com/forums/list.php?f=1