Search

Crewed Charters

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 01:46 PM
Cath

Crewed Charters

We are wanting to charter a crewed sailing yacht and would appreciate advice on charter companies and details. <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 03:53 AM
BobM

<BR>Try the Grenadines <BR>Contacts Barefoot Yacht Charters - St. Vincent - [email protected] & www.barefootyachts.com <BR> <BR>Contact TMM www.sailtmm.com/St_Vincent/stvince.htm <BR> <BR>Or for a vacation on Bequia coupled with a crewed sail contact www.frangipani.net [email protected]. <BR>

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 12:59 PM
aellis

We rented a crewed sailing yacht in April, 1998. The name of the vessel was the Coral Sea and we had a wonderful time. I believe we found them through Travel Unlimited but will check further if you want. We were picked up in St. Thomas and headed for the BVI's. Wonderful food, good accomodations and fun. The vessel was a 68' schooner and we had really nice sailing days. Let me know if you want any further details.

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 02:38 AM
Michael

Definitely, St. Vincent and the Grenadines is the destination. There are a number of charter companies operating there--pick up a copy of Cruising World magazine at your bookstore and look at the classified ads in the back for charter companies. Most offer bareboat OR crewed charters. All of the islands below St. Vincent are delightful with friendly people and a relaxed atmosphere. Port Elizabeth is a wonderful anchorage, with lots of shoreside activities. Don't miss the Tobago Cays, the most beautiful anchorage in the southern Caribbean. <BR> <BR>BTW, in my experience, the equipment from TMM is not up to snuff. You don't want to lose time due to mechanical problems. <BR>

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 01:27 PM
IslandAnne

My brother charters a Moorings catamaran every year and loves it. The first year they had a crew, but now sail it themselves. They pick boat in St. Lucia and sail to the Grenadines. The pictures are unbelievable!

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 07:57 PM
Peter Daley

If its your first charter I'd definitely go to the BVI. Much more sheltered than the Grenadines. We sailed St.Vincent & Grenadines with Sunsail in Feb 99 and because of a wind out of the north didn't venture further south than Cannaouan(spelling). Tough slog back up north into the wind. But SVG definitely has some interesting islands such as Bequia & Mustique. Been going to the BVI for 29yrs and its beginning to get a bit overrun with yachties but still a lot of fun. Have used Sunsail out of Sopers Hole on Tortola with success. <BR>P Daley