Crazy to go to St John in August?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have an opinion and experience being in St John VI in August? We could rent a home there, with side trips to St Croix or St Thomas, depending on what we learn to do and explore. We're attracted to the fact that St John is primarily a national park, but wary of being there in the heat of the summer, during hurricane season. Thanks for any advice and tips.
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 04:23 PM

i think going to st. john anytime is a good idea. july is too early for hurricanes. it will be hot, avg 90
this page gives weather history for past years: http://www.wunderground.com/history/...Virgin+Islands

^^ sorry someday i'll learn to do tinyurl & above is for st. thomas but they are 30 mins apart so same weather.

look for a villa with full air conditioning - not just the bedrooms, and a pool, and ask if it gets the tradewinds at all.
you will need to rent a car or jeep. tons of great beaches, lots of good snorkeling & diving. hiking in the park.
you can ferry to st. thomas in 30 mins, but st. croix is too far away. assuming you have passports most of the bvi's are accessible by ferry as well. the baths on virgin gorda makes a fun excursion.
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 06:27 PM

I went to St. John in August and it was awesome (cooler than home in the south)--with little crowds!
Old Nov 5th, 2009, 02:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
We were in St.Thomas one August. The weather was perfect except for a few rain clouds from time to time. When it comes to weather it's always a crap shoot any time of year. Go and enjoy.