COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

COZUMEL-PRESIDENTE INTERCONT HOTEL

Old Nov 6th, 1997, 05:27 PM
KIM

COZUMEL-PRESIDENTE INTERCONT HOTEL

IS IT A GREAT PLACE? HAVE HEARD GOOD THINGS, BUT SOME ROOMS BETTER THAN OTHERS. WHATS BEEN YOUR EXPERIENCE?

Old Jan 13th, 1998, 10:23 PM
brett

Hey Kim, I stayed at the presidente in Puerto Vallarta and it wa san excellent hotel. Many accomadations, clean and very peaceful. I dont know if it helps ya any, but you can always change your plans and go to PV, its much prettier than the other.

Old Feb 5th, 1998, 10:27 PM
Randy Brown

Been to Cozumel twice and think Presidente is the nicest resort on the island. We stayed in the beach front rooms and would definitely choose those over the "tower"(4 floors) or "garden" rooms.We rented a car to get to toen and sight-see, the Presidente is a little too far to walk to San Miguel.

Old Feb 6th, 1998, 05:58 AM
Paula

Is there beach front snorkling at the Presidente
and how is it? Do they provide the snorkling gear
or do you rent it? Also how far a walk to the
Chankanaab Park? Is the Presidente a quite place
to stay? We don't care much for the party scene.
Any information would be so appreciated. Thanks!

Old Feb 11th, 1998, 08:47 PM
Keith

My family (wife-32, daughter-8, son-5) stayed at the Presidente last August (97) for a week and loved it. The hotel isn't much to look at (ala Hawaii) but the scenery and grounds were fantastic. There are few beaches in Cozumel. The Presidente's beach is about 1 mile long and generally runs to within about 4 feet of the water (the entire island is a rock so they have a small "curb" to hold the sand). It is much better and prettier than I made it sound. The sand is white. In the middle of the beach there are two docks - one for the "house" dive shop and the other for the other dive boats to stop. This area also has a very nice walk-in beach about a hundred yards wide which makes a great area for the kids to play and snorkelers to enter the water. Outside of this central area, there is about 1/3 mile of beach to the north and to the south which makes up the remainder of the mile beach. These are are somewhat seperated by foliage which makes it seem like three different beaches. In both of the beaches there are two sidewalks with diver ladders which drop into about 5 feet of water. These beaches also tend to have more "European" style sunbathing (topless) and decidedly less kids. There are always beach chairs with cabana's available. It was extremely pleasant. The snorkeling/diving is very good at this resort as there is a reef just offshore. The equipment is not free but not too terribly expensive from the "in-house" shop. The walk to town is long - about 4 miles, the cab is about $3 (I never walked all the way as there isn't much to see on the way). Chankanaab Park is a good walk from the hotel and seems to be about 2.5 miles away (I did walk this about 3 times).

Earlier I mentioned the hotel wasn't much to look at, but the service was spectacular. My kids also loved the iguanas and the iguana house. The pool is very nice. The food mediocre and expensive.

There was also quite a bit of privacy and beautiful sunsets. No such thing as vendors on the beach or anything as most Caribbean islands have. Overall prices were much cheaper than US.

We are already planning to go back in 1999.

The only other hotel that I would even consider looking at would be the Plaza Las Glorius which looks good and is an easy walk to town, but has crappy beaches.

Old Feb 12th, 1998, 01:09 AM
chris

El Presedente is great.My wife and I have been to Cozamel 3or4 times and it's deffinitely our first choice.I suggest you NOT rent a car until you've been there a few days.Taxis are cheap and plentyful,their

also very accommodateing they will pick you up by appointment if you like.
WE useualy eat dinner in town.The food is better and much cheaper.
Bon Voyage!