COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Cozumel: Girl attacked by lion

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Jim

Cozumel: Girl attacked by lion

I realize this is the Caribbean board, but there are a lot of messages here about Cancun and Mexico, so I thought I would post a link to this story.
A Florida girl almost had her arm ripped off by a lion kept in a cage at a restaurant. Here's the link:
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin.../met_lion.html

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Fran

I'm not saying what happened to the girl isn't terrible, but maybe this will make people wise up to the fact that a lion does not belong in a restaurant.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 05:13 PM
dxxxx

You are a busy poster jim. What is your motivation? This is tragic but are you saying that no one should go to Cozumel or are you warning them not to stick their hand in a lions cage? Do you think the lion is still in the retaurant or is it dog food by now?
Sometimes I think post like this come from persons working for competing resort areas.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Humxxx

And Mr. Dxxx, what is your excuse...are you paranoid?????

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 04:36 AM
Jim

Dxxxx,
I posted this message exactly two times. Once in Latin America and once here, because Cancun and Cozumel are discussed in both places. That makes me a busy poster?

I have no travel-related financial interest in ANYTHING. The reason I posted it is it's a story relevant to travel. Frankly, I don't think it reflects badly on anything but the restaurant involved.

The other outcome was subsequent postings made good points about Mexican liability law, or the lackthereof.

It sounds more like you have some interest in this news NOT being shared.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 05:57 AM
anon

dxxx: Chill out, this is not a big deal. It's a story of general interest - it's there to read by anyone interested and that's all. I'm pretty confident the poster has no hidden agenda. What about you?