Search

Couples Swept Away

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couples Swept Away

Hi,
I'm interested in having a weddingmoon at the Couples Swept Away resort in Negril, Jamaica. I found some information about Couples Negril and Ochos Rios, but want comments about Swept Away so I can compare them. Can anyone give me some insight regarding their experience with the resort, its surroundings, service, etc. Also, if anyone can give me information about their wedding ceremonies (participants or even people who have simply passed by) that would be great. Thanks for your help!
--J
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 11:04 AM

After much research, we decided to have our wedding and honeymoon at Swept Away and the experience was very positive. Jamaica is very accessible, it is reasonably priced and the island, although they have their problems, is enchanting and the most beautiful island in the Caribbean.

Our priorities were a unique, tropical setting, a fantastic beach, great food, the opportunity to have a Catholic wedding and good value. SA met each one of these criteria and provided much more.

We were married at a small Catholic Church not far from Swept Away (which was very romantic), had our reception at SA and enjoyed the amenities during our stay.

We would be happy to forward a trip report to you about our experience. Please post your email and we'll send it through!
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 01:22 PM
j_c

I would love to read a trip report too as we are considering SA for our wedding/honeymoon as well. Thanks. [email protected]
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 01:30 PM

Haven't stayed at Swept Away, but I know 2 couples who have. One stayed for their honeymoon and were absolutely blown away. The other had the same experience. Both couples generally stay in high end places, so I trust their judgement. They had private, luxurious cabins/villa's right on the beach.
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies. CANJPH, my email adress is posted now, if you could send me your trip report I would greatly appreciate it.
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 03:21 PM

Swept Away is a very unique, romantic resort. We stayed there twice and will probably go back again. On our second trip we got to know a young couple from Germany who got married & had their honeymoon there and they were thrilled from head to toe with everything. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 09:48 AM

Have been to Swept Away twice and loved it. Both times, we were invited to weddings while there - didn't know the couples until after we arrived. Both couples were very please with everything - the weddings were beautiful. One couple got married on the beach and the other got married in the lush garden near the gazebo off the beach. I think I liked the garden setting best - much more private.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 09:28 PM

We honeymooned there also and were invited to participate in a wedding of a couple we met there. They got married on the beach and I do believe that it was THE most romantic thing I have ever seen. I think my wife may have been a bit jealous! Something about the exchange of vows between to people in love, with the beautiful, beautiful beach, wind and surf, just as the evening sun is lowering into the horizon that really struck a chord with me.

As far as the honeymoon, it was all I had hoped for and more. lovely tropical grounds, room just as pictured on the web site, friendly staff and great food. If you can't be happy with Swept Away, the problem is you!

Atticus
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 09:58 PM

CANJPH: I would love to read your trip report of Swept Away as well! We have narrowed our wedding location to two choices. I'd love to read your report, this might help finalize our decision. My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks so much in advance!!