Countdown to Aruba!

Old Oct 1st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Countdown to Aruba!

We're going back to Aruba again on our fall vacation in late October. We're staying at one of my most favorite places, Manchebo Beach Resort. We planning on doing some different activities and going to some new restaurants. Does anyone have any new places that they would recommend? Anyone else going at the same time?
Old Oct 4th, 2011, 09:29 AM

We were there at that time last year. Many of the places we went have been mentioned a lot. Two of them stood out and haven't had as much buzz.

Zeerover Bar is located between two well known places: Flying Fishbone and The Old Man and the Sea. It is a little, local gathering spot where they cook whatever fish the boats leaving from the same pier bring back to shore. Simple but good food and a great view.

Amazonia Churrascaria is a typical Brazilian Steakhouse near the highrise hotels. The food was very good and the service was the best at any place we dined on Aruba.
Old Oct 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM
KVR

I'm so jealous. I don't think we ever get back to Aruba just because there are so many other places on our to go list. Will just have to live vicariously through everyone else until we do.

As for restuarants, you might want to read customer reviews here:

http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/all.html

Have a great trip.
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 06:24 AM

Have a great time! Just returned from our 25th trip to Aruba. Couple of new restuarants that are good are Carambola (located at Paradise Beach Villas), Barefoot (in the old Marandi location), and Amuse Bistro (in front of the Playa Linda.)

New things we did on this trip was a fishing charter with Mahi Mahi Charters (great fun!) and a visit to Philip's Animal Garden (he rescues exotic animals that people cannot/should not keep as pets.)

Aruba is a great relaxing place that we can't live without at least once a year...but in less than 2 months we are heading back to Paris to celebrate my hubby's 50th birthday (can't wait!)
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses and suggestions. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I like going to some new places (for us) each year when we go somewhere that we've been before. We were thinking of doing a sailboat trip this time.

I'm looking forward to reading your trip report, ArubaAmy. I hope you had a great time in Aruba. I don't think the animal garden is for me since I tend to get skittish around exotic animals.
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 05:58 AM

Have you done the Snuba on the Antilla wreck? It was a real highlight for me.
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

I can't swim so I don't think I would be able to do that. I would be too afraid. I wouldn't mind trying to snorkel if I could wear a life jacket because I could lift my head out of the water pretty easily. I don't think I'm brave enough for snuba.