Search

contemplating

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Elizabeth

contemplating

I've never been to the Caribbean. I'd like to find a place to vacation for 1 week. Looking for a beachfront hotel or condo style place where u can walk right out of your place and onto the beach. A place not too windy, quiet, relaxing and breathtaking. I've been to Hawaii...Waikiki and Maui a couple of times. Also been to Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel. Found those places too touristy. I'm interested in hearing anyone's suggestions. Thanx in advance.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 06:00 AM
xxx

have to say that sounds exactly like when we stayed in a oceanfront condo at Treasure Island in Cayman. Check out www.ticondos.com and the 'condos' or 'location' tabs on the left for photos. The first floor condos have patios right on the beach.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Gayle

St. Barths!! I'm not objective at all as we've been going here once or twice a year for 16 years. But it's paradise and not very touristy as it's small and hard to get to (no big jets can land). Beachfront property? Isle de France on gorgeous Flamands Beach...divine!! Email me if you have questions or want info.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 07:25 AM
xxx

I've always heard that the Caymans were very touristy. No?

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Anon

Yes they are touristy. what do you expect from an island that has 3 or 4 crusise ships docking there a day! The Treasure Island might be a nice condo, but the beach there is not very nice.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Cheryl

If you can swing the cost, look into Caneel Bay on St.John, especially a unit on the beach (the ones on Scott Beach are the nicest). Grand Cayman is nice, but no comparison to St. John. On Grand Cayman, I prefer the condos/beach area north of the Westin.