Search

Confused about GLSS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 03:05 PM
MCGHEE

Confused about GLSS

My mother and I are leaving for GLSS next week for a girl's trip. After reading some of the comments about GLSS, I'm worried we will be disappointed. I'm invisioning a filty room with no towels. Garbage smelling restuarants,loud music at night preventing any sound sleep!! Rude and unresponsive staff, and violence in the streets!!!! Has anyone stayed at GLSS lately who might have recent experience? If the comments I've read are true, hopefully there have been some improvements to the place others describe as hell!!

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 03:23 PM
pop

What is the price range for this hotel? THANKS for any help on this

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 03:45 PM
Dummy

What is the real name of this hotel and where is it?

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 06:16 PM
BarbaraKK

Do not worry, you will have a very nice vacation experience. We were there on holiday in January and had a quiet and relaxing time. The grounds and room were immaculate. Dining was very good. You have chosen wisely.

Old Jun 27th, 2001, 06:46 PM
Dummy

Will someone please tell me what in the hell does GLSS stand for and where is this place located?

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 04:49 AM
George

Grand Lido San Souci.<BR>Spent 10 days there in Feb. and would rate it as one of the best resorts in Jamaica. Don't believe everything you read, some people just can't be satisfied. Read the resort reviews on travelocity.com. Take Mom up the Dunns River Falls and have a great time!!!

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 05:26 AM
Dave

MCGHEE-<BR><BR>When you return, please reply to this post with your review of GLSS. All who replied here would be interested.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Penney

I would not worry - someone proubly just had a less then postive experiance. We have beenm to its sister resort - Grand Lido Negril and I would recommend it to the Pope! First class all the way.<BR><BR>Sides, GLSS has been consistently voted one of the top Caribbean Resorts and spas in the CAribbean for several years now.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Dixie

I love Grand Lido San Souci. Do not listen to all the bad reports from people that heard from a friend of a friend. I love Jamaica, just got back from a week at FDR with the husband and kids (teens) and we all had a GREAT time.

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 04:36 PM
mcghee

Thanks to all who responded. I feel much more positive about my choice in accomodations. <BR><BR>My mom is a great person and friend and I look forward to making some happy mother/daughter memories with her on our trip. <BR><BR>I'll be more than happy to report back with reviews on our stay at GLSS. <BR><BR>This time next week, we'll be livin' it up, drinking frothy umbrella rum cocktails! Ya Mon!<BR><BR>P.S. Sorry about using "GLSS". When I read through other's comments regarding this resort, many contained the term, "GLSS". I thought that was the "cool" way to make reference to the Grand Lido San Souci. I consider myself pretty "cool", but I must confess,it took me awhile to figure out what "GLSS" meant too!! At first I thought it was the name of some sort of ship spelled backward!

Old Jun 28th, 2001, 07:27 PM
CHICAGOJER9

If you have not yet, take some time and look at the Yahoo Club: GRAND LIDO VISITORS HANGOUT. You can e-mail and chat with several people who have just returned from Grand Lido Sans Souci, I have heard nothing but wonderful reviews. We stayed at the more modest Super Club resort: Breezes Runaway Bay and had a wonderful time, Lidos' Blowsout the Breezes' resorts, I am sure you will have the trip of your life.