Condado area restaurants, San Juan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a brief stay are there any MUST dine at restaurants in the Condado area? We're staying at La Concha, so will eat there at least one night, but would like other recommendations.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 12:09 AM
KVR

I would be interested in this also. Not just recommendations, but what resturants are within walking distance of this hotel and the Marriott down the street? I looked on Google Maps, but it's not very specific.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 10:08 AM

There are so many restaurants in Condado that are within walking distance of La Concha and the Marriott. It is hard to say what is a "must dine" because we might have different preferences, budgets, etc and we just sampled a fraction of what the area has to offer. However, I will tell you where we ate during our recent stay at La Concha.

Buddatai was wonderful for a nice dinner and we enjoyed our meal at Casa Lola as well. Orozco was good for breakfast and lunch. We did not have dinner there but I am sure it would be good. We also enjoyed breakfast one day at Pelayo. DiParma Trattoria, right next to La Concha in the park, was just ok. I enjoyed my meal but others in my party did not. However, it was nice to sit outside. While not in Condado, Marmalade in OSJ was outstanding and we had a great lunch at St. Germain Bistro and Cafe. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 10:42 AM

We stayed at La Concha several years ago and loved it. For lunch, we found the hotel options rather pricey. But right across the street there was a small little place that sold fantastic empanadas for $1. We bought several every day, and they were the most memorable food from our trip.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks genio67 and msteacher -- will report back after trip.