Conch Chowder

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 09:48 AM
Raybert

Conch Chowder

Who makes the best Conch Chowder?

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 10:00 AM
Eva

In my opinion, the best is at Le Deck, in Providenciales. Also: Harbour's Edge and Sea Spray on Elbow Cay, Abaco; and the Rainbow Inn in Eleuthera.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 11:12 AM
Cheri

LeDeck has been gone for awhile.. <BR> <BR>Best conch chowder was Gecko Grille in Provo, served in a bread bowl... second best at the Sundial Resorts restaurant in Sanibel. (Best conch fritters were from the Marriott in Grand Cayman back when it was the Radisson. I know that wasn't the question, I just thought I'd throw it in)

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 10:21 PM
gail

My vote goes to Angela's Starfish restaurant or to Miss Rica at Runaway Hill both on Harbour Island. <BR> <BR>Best conch fritters at Johnny Canoe's or the Junakanoo Cafe on Nassau.

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Beverly

I have always wondered...is it conch (Kahnk) or conch (kahnch)?

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 11:20 AM
Daniel Williams

Most people I'd meet in the Bahamas called it KONK, but the American Heritage Dictionary 3rd Ed., 1997, Houghton-Mifflin Company lists both pronunciations as correct. I think I said KONCH at first, but after being corrected a few times (possibly unjustifiably) I now say KONK.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 02:29 PM
guy

Not having sampled all the Conch Chowder in the Bahamas..I can not say for sure...but I can say that the Conch Chowder @ The Red Lion in Bimini would have to rank high on the list..