Comfort Suites Versus Atlantis

Sep 18th, 1999, 08:56 PM
Tracy

Comfort Suites Versus Atlantis

We are planning a trip to paradise island in june or july 2000. we are trying to decide between atlantis or comfort suites. are the comfort suites rooms' nice enough to justify staying there versus the atlantis appeal. is it true you can stay at comfort suites and have all the amentities of the atlantis, with the lower hotel prices?

Sep 18th, 1999, 11:56 PM
tweedy

Atlantis is wonderful and you will have something to do all day if you wish or just relax and enjoy the beautiful grounds and pools and the beach.

Comfort Suites and Club Land'or guests have full use of ALL the facilities at the Atlantis, there is a wrist band changed daily that lets you in any part of Atlantis and you can use the water slides and lazy river.

Comfort Suites also has a complimentary breakfast included in the room rate, so if you are like us we eat breakfast and dinner.

July will be HOT so bring lots of sun screen.

Have a great trip and enjoy the Bahamas, if you need any more info just let me know. [email protected]

Sep 19th, 1999, 05:40 AM
Tracy

tell us more about the facilities or the rooms at comfort suites if you know.

Sep 20th, 1999, 03:42 PM
tweedy

Tracy each room is a suite, and they are comfortable, not fancy. There is a nice pool area and it is much less crowded and less noisy than the hustle and bustle at Atlantis.

Comfort Suites is very close to the Atlantis and as I mentioned you have full access to Atlantis facilties.

Food at Atlantis is expensive but good I have been told, we will be there next month so should be able to give you better info when we get back.

Hope this helps, if you have specific questions you can email me at [email protected]

tweedy

Sep 24th, 1999, 03:16 PM
Tracy

Tweedy, thanks for the information. let us know how your trip goes. we are just trying to decide if the comfort suites is comfortable enough for four people in one room. we hope we could get two queen beds or one king with a queen size sofa sleeper. Wishful thinking.

Sep 24th, 1999, 03:20 PM
Tracy

Tweedy, are you a travel agent. I see your name on several of the topics being discussed. you sound like you know the area well.

Sep 24th, 1999, 07:20 PM
tweedy

HI Tracy, well sometimes I feel like a travel agent, but no, actually I do Executive Search for a living and go to the Bahamas when I get a chance a couple of times a year and have learned the in's and out's of travel by taking a group of singers to the Bahamas for the last five years to raise money for the Anglican Church and a Day Care Facility, so by trial and error (ok more than a few errors), but every time gets better and we have a great time. We are going again in March, want to come with us? How's your singing voice?
(lol) Take care.

tweedy

Sep 25th, 1999, 06:46 PM
Pat

Tweedy, I have been reading your posts and continue to look forward to your insightful posts. Wish I could sing or that you were doing group tours. This is a fascinating part of the world and we always appreciate your posts. Didn't mean to get off the subject, but thanks!

Sep 27th, 1999, 11:07 AM
tweedy

Pat, you are more than welcome to join our little band of singers in the Bahamas in March. We will be singing on Nassau and probabably at least one other island and going over to Harbour Island for a day.

You can get the same rates on things we get and have a ball with our chorus, even if you don't sing, see that way I am sure there will be at least few people in the audience. (LOL)

I am planning on the "brooze cruise" for the "crew", a tour of Atlantis (and we will sing there), sing at the Zoo,
the fast ferry over to Harbour Island for the day, so let me know if you want to come and join us.

It's funny that you mentioned group tours, several other people have suggested that and I am seriously thinking about it.

tweedy

Oct 31st, 1999, 06:34 AM
Pam

Hey Tweedy,
We've been really enjoying your posts as well. If you need encouragement - here it is.Maybe your hobby will lead you to what you really should be doing!!!In the meantime, we will practice our singing .......la, la, la!!!!(but you are better to be in the Bahamas when we start to practice)

Nov 1st, 1999, 06:59 AM
tweedy

LOL, thanks Pam for the alert, (lol).
Paul and I have tried to get to the Bahamas this summer, and each trip a Hurricane got in the way, so we hope to get there this month.

Several of the outislands were heavily damaged by Hurricane Floyd, parts of Abaco for example had most structures heavily damaged. Eleuthera and Harbour Island also got alot of damage, but expect to have everything all fixed up for the "season" which starts the middle of November.

If you need ideas on places to go in the Bahamas, let me know.

tweedy

Jan 5th, 2000, 08:44 PM
Lori

My husband was given a Christmas gift of a 5day/4night stay at the Atlantis. We have another couple who we have been talking about going on a vacation with that we would like to go with us. But after hearing about how expensive it is, I'm not real sure they would be able to afford staying there, much less us feeling comfortable asking them to, when we are going for free. (Well, now I've read that we should expect to dole out quite a bit for eating.) I have read here that the Comfort Suites is right accross the street and has the access to the Atlantis. Anyone have a rough idea of the price difference between the two? Does it sound stupid for them to stay there while traveling with us? Just looking for options for them, so they could possibly go with us.

Jan 5th, 2000, 09:55 PM
tweedy

Actually that is a great idea, since the Comfort Suites is actually very comfortable and less than half the price of the Atlantis, but they will have full access to the place. Another option is Club Land'or which is condos and close to Atlantis and guests there also have full access as well. There is also a full kitchen there, so you might want to have some of your meals
in.

Hope this helps. Have a great time.

tweedy

Jan 23rd, 2000, 01:06 PM
Lynn

If you can change your plans do so!! I was in the Bahamas in September and it was so hot you couldn't even take a walk without getting drenched with sweat!! I stayed at the Comfort Suites which was a decent plan but don't get too excited about the breakfast. Everyday you get the same thing, bagels/cream cheese, cold cereal, juice. They never had any fresh fruit available except juice. We used the Atlantis pool which was very cool but VERY EXPENSIVE. A can of beer was $6.00 (and that was 4 years ago) a non-alcholic daquri was $6.00 and you had to drink it really fast because it was so warm. They are no good restaurants in the area and the cabs will cost a ton.

Apr 20th, 2000, 04:28 PM
Kris

I am looking for someone who has visited the comfort suites paradise island in Feb-March 2000. I will be staying at this hotel in May and have questions. I have heard the "food machine" had cockroaches, and the grounds were not clean. The very advertised deluxe complimentary breakfast is not what people expect. Is all this true? Please clarify harsh opinion of this hotel. Need to know before I go.

Aug 24th, 2000, 05:40 PM
bwhyte

Please note, that despite comments about Club Land'or, they do NOT have full access to the waterpark at Atlantis -- only public areas, including the beach. Check before reserving....