Reload this Page >

Charter/bareboating in BVI

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 1999, 07:57 AM
Karen

Would like referrals and personal experience on boating in BVI. Any experience with power boats versus sail (if sail, would prefer catamaran). Island choices, etc. would be appreciated.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 12:28 AM
Pauline

Hi Karen <BR>We have just transferred our holiday to the BVI from Croatia! I too am looking for people who have "been there and done that" to ask for their experiences. Hope to hear something soon.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 03:45 AM
K Noel

There's a ton of bareboat info on the TravelTalk/BVI bulletin board. (www.traveltalk.com) People have shared both good and bad experiences, which I really appreciate. Have a great time! <BR>

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 06:24 PM
Karen

Loved BVI's and going back in Nov. We tried Windjammer Legacy and loved it since we had never experienced sailing and had never been the these islands. Loved Tortola, rented a car, beautiful beaches. Norman Island was fun at Billy Bones Beach Bar. They have a web site. Eileen

Old Apr 1st, 1999, 06:49 AM
Janet

We have chartered with North South out of Nanny Cay, Tortola for the last three years. They have been around for a long time and are one of the most reasonably priced charter outfits. Although their equipment shows a bit of weat and tear, we found the service to be great and any minor problems didn't keep us from going back. I highly recommend sailing in the BVI, monohull or cat, both are great. It is one of the 3 best places in the world to sail! You'll never forget it! email me if you'd like more details on other charter companies, things to see, restaurants...etc.

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 11:46 AM
Fran

<BR>Suggestions: take clothes pins for wet clothes. Take a throw away camera for on deck, if it's alittle rockin" you don't want a good camera to accidently fall, but you don't want to miss the shots of large sea turtles or any thing else that you may encounter.