Cayman or St. Maarten

Sep 19th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Judy

Cayman or St. Maarten

Trying to decide on an all inclusive for Feb 2003. Any suggestions? We like to go to a different place every February. Thanks

Sep 19th, 2002, 11:56 AM
x

Personally I would go for St. Maarten.

Sep 20th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Suzanne

I like them both for different reasons. The Caymans are beautiful and the best snorkeling I have done BUT they are VERY expensive. St Maarten is fun(Quava Colada is the best!) and the stores have good discounts on Jewlery.

Sep 20th, 2002, 11:13 PM
GM

Sandals is a rip off for all inclusives. Try La Source or Le Sport; you get more for your dollar. Stay away from the Dutch side of St. Martin, the French side is better. Grand Cayman is expensive and is like an extended Pensacola Beach, FL. Sometimes the airlines (AA, Continental, Delta) offer their vacation specials and have inclusive trips that are good price-wise. Hope this helps.

Sep 21st, 2002, 06:27 AM
lou

I can recommend places I've been in the Caribbean that lend themselves well to AIs, Antigua, Dominican Republic, Playa Del Carmen, Jamaica.

Other islands such as Aruba, St. John's, St. Martin, Puerto Rico have great restaurants and you'll do a lot of traveling around these islands because they have more to do and see. If you are locked into an AI you'd be wasting your money checking out the foods and beverages while visiting the beaches, etc.