Search

Cayman beaches rocky?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Cerah

Cayman beaches rocky?

Is all of Seven Mile Beach rocky as you enter the water? Are there certain stretches that are better than others? I have heard conflicting reports.<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:08 AM
karen

The closer to the town of Georgetown it is rocky to get in. Beautiful beach though. Karen

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Cerah

so the northern section is better then? My choices of places to stay are the Villas of the Galleon and Aqua Bay Club. Can you tell me which beach is better between those 2?

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 04:46 AM
Toni

Either one sits on a nice stretch of 7-mile beach. If I had my pick...Aqua Bay Club.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 05:34 AM
xxx

I'm not sure where those two condos are located on 7MB, but we've stayed at Treasure Island and it is rocky there. But as you walk further north it turns into great sandy beaches. Even at Treasure Island there is a beach, its just rocky when you get to water's edge. North of there is smooth sand all the way into the water.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 05:41 AM
Cheryl

From walking 7MB I recall that the beach is smooth going into the water at least from the Hyatt north to around the public beach (?just north of Aqua Bay). We spent most of our time hanging out on the beach next to the governor's house which was in between the Westin and Plantana condos ... and walked up and down the beach a bit from there. The sand was a smooth as silk going in the water with no rocks.