Reload this Page >

Caribbean Vacation New Years - Where?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:19 PM
Jer

I am planning a trip with 3 Couples total and we want to spend a week on nice beaches at a quality resort somewhere. We are pretty flexible hoping to find a deal to one localtion or another, but I appreciate some suggestions.<BR>We are 3 couples in our 30's (no kids)<BR>We want Water Sports, Beaches, Nice Food and some nightlife would be nice (Cancun not necessary). All-Inclusive are fine, but not required.<BR><BR>People have suggested: Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Aruba, Cayman Islands, Turks....<BR><BR><BR>Thanks for the suggestions...<BR>

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:30 PM
Frank

Aruba fits all your criteria nicely.<BR>So does Cayman.<BR>Turks is too quiet for your nightlife requirement.<BR>I'd avoid DR, but PR is a decent option.<BR>Barbados is another nice option.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:57 PM
dmotl

Visit isla-mujeres.net<BR>Fits your requirment in every way<BR>You will be amazed at how inexpensive it is.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Laura

Try the Wyndham Hotel in Aruba with rental car-van or whatever. It's really a great night island and there will be plenty to do. The cuisine is outstanding and the people are friendly. You can get advice from several talk forums on Aruba--Aruba On-Line etc.--just type out Aruba, tourism and do some research.<BR>Also look into St. James Club in Antigua or Crystal Cove Resort in Barbados.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:02 PM
Dan

Aruba has the best new years celebration in the Caribbean.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 03:23 AM
ideas

I vote for Barbados - it is lovely during the Christmas holidays. Besides, everyone goes to Aruba/Jamaica/PR - do something different, know what I mean? But you have to book now (for any island as a matter of fact because the time you are proposing to go would be the high season and very busy.) Great beaches, watersports in abundance,lots of resturants all over the island to choose from cool, casual beach side (as in Mullens, St Peters)to five start utterly romantic,plus enough nightlife to keep you happy. You will also have no shortage of activities to chose from to ring in the New Year. Enjoy, whatever you end up doing.