Search

Caribbean - Grenada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caribbean - Grenada

We're looking to go to the Caribbean without our kids for about a week during the first week in December. We've heard some good things about Grenada. Has anyone visited La Source recently (i.e., during 2008 after their re-opening)? If so? how is it? None of the travel guides rate this resort. I understand it's located close to the airport - is that an annoyance? Are we better staying at La Source or one of the resorts on Grand Anse beach.

Anyone have any thoughts on that time of year to visit the Caribbean (i.e., rainy season or hurricanes?)
Old Aug 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM

Can't help you with La Source in particular, but if you head over to www.grenadatravelforum.com, some folks on the ground there will be able to answer your questions.

Whether being by the airport is an annoyance is an entirely personal matter. When my husband and I vacation, he *loves* being able to watch the planes come in and take off. I myself like it for the most part, assuming that my day isn't being interrupted by incredibly loud engine noise.

Also, can't really say whether La Source or a hotel on Grand Anse is better for you until you tell us more about what you want for your vacation. La Source is more isolated and it's all inclusive. If you want to stay put at your resort, maybe taking one day to tour the island, it doesn't really matter where you stay. It's only if you want to get out & about to explore, try other restaurants, beaches, or beach bars that it makes a difference. So tell us what you're looking for and we'll try to oblige!
Old Aug 18th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Can't help in the La Source department, but weather-wise, early December is a great time to visit as it's cooler, out of season so cheaper and quieter, and hurricanes should be long gone by then.
Old Aug 18th, 2008, 12:54 PM

We enjoyed Coyaba, which is on Grande Anse. The food, service, and atmosphere was top notch!

Peace, Greenie
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 07:26 AM

While I haven't been to LaSource since it's re-opened, the airport was not a problem. It is isolated and, personally, I enjoyed staying on Grand Anse more.

The beach is so much better than the LaSource beach and you can wander down to other resorts and restaurants from Grand Anse.
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 04:48 PM

I'd agree with DavefromCA. I find La Source a little too isolated. It's nice to be close to other restaurant choices, other within walking distance or easy driving distance at night, so you're not stuck eating at your hotel.

We went first week of December last year and it was a nice time to go. Less crowds. It rained a little bit, but there was only 1 day where it was a washout. Usually just a passing shower here and there. They usually have a Christmas craft fair at True Blue Resort the 1st weekend or so in December. We picked up a bunch of great, locally made items.