Caribbean All Inclusives??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 1998, 01:26 PM
Debbie Polcari

We are planning a trip for our 10th wedding anniversary and
would like information from anyone who has been an all-inclusive.
Recommendations? Where Not to go? All information would be helpful.
We went to Jamacia-Jamacia (now Breezes Runaway Bay)in '92 and loved it.

Old Jan 16th, 1998, 10:10 PM
Lisa Stewart

I have been to a couple of all inclusive resorts , including one in Dominicana and one in Cancun, and would definately reccomend them, especially if you plan to eat heartily and maybe even drink heavily, although I would say to check and make sure that it is not just domestic drinks, you may get a shock to find that you can only have local beer and rum, which isnt exactly tasty sometimes.The food all around was good, they have wonderful fruits and desserts, and we enjoyed not having to count out money whenever we ate or had a snack. In the long run, I would say it is definately worth it.

Old Jan 17th, 1998, 05:27 AM
robbie cleary

Sandals St Lucia is worth considering. Of six all inclusives we've visited in Caribbean, this is best so far. Excellent food (not buffet), 9 hole golf, scuba, great pools, excellent views. Resort trans allows you to use other Sandals property five minutes away. Didn't see any children nor any wild college types that you may see in other all inclusives (ie. Jamaica, Cancun).

Old Jan 21st, 1998, 06:55 AM
Rose

Can you tell me more about the all-inclusive you stayed at in Cancun? Like where and approx. price. Would like to go there in July.

Thanks!

Old Jan 21st, 1998, 08:01 AM
Don / Boston

Rose: I was at a "all inclusive" this past July in Cancun that was very nice called the "Sun Palace" other very nice "all inclusives" in Cancun are "Royal Solaris" and the Omini (which offers "all inclusive" as an option) there are tons of very reasonable places to eat in Cancun so I really don't think you need "all inclusive". Can't comment on price except to say compared to other spots in the carribean Cancun is very reasonable. As long as you end up in a hotel in the "hotel zone" you should be very happy. Email me if you need more info !

Old Jan 22nd, 1998, 06:39 PM
Carl Pugh

My wife and I went to LeSport in St Lucia last year. We liked it very much. The room was really nice (beautiful sunset views over the water each night), the food was good (but not excellent), the sports were free and plentiful and the package included lots of spa treatments.

I'd go back again!

Old Jan 23rd, 1998, 04:08 PM
Becca

I just returned from my honeymoon in San Salvador, Bahamas at the Club Med Columbus Isle resort. It was fantastic! This Club Med is very different from all the others but still an all-inclusive. The guests ranged from late twenties and up. It seemed to be an up-scale clientele and very Europeon. The resort was beautifully done and the attention to detail was unbelievable. There is nothing on the island itself expect for this resort. The food was great and there were two restaurants besides the buffet you could sit down and be waited on. If you are into diving; it is some of the best in the world. You could be as busy or as relaxed as you chose to be. They also had very nice tennis courts and many tournaments to play in. Windsurfing and sailing lessons, snorkeling and sports were all included. If you are looking for a place with beautiful beaches, water and accomodations, this may be for you. If you want a lot of action to take part in on other parts of the island, it is definitely not the place to go. This resort was given a gold star by Conde Nast and it definitely lived up to that. Email for other info if you would like

Old Jan 24th, 1998, 10:56 AM
Lori Brandt

What all-inclusive did you stay at on Dominica? I didn't know they had any.

Old Jan 24th, 1998, 08:24 PM
Katie

I love all-inclusives, but I'm a single woman travelling alone and don't want any hassles or safety problems. I love just getting off the plane, finding the resort desk, getting on the bus, getting off at the resort, and then being in this protected beautiful place full of nice interesting people. No thinking about money. If I wanted to concentrate on my significant other and not engage in continual conversations about how much to tip, what does this price convert to, etc., I'd also do the all-inclusive.

I have stayed at Hedonism II at Negril (Jamaica) twice and am going back again in March. People either love it and end up going back every 6 months the rest of their lives, or they hate it because they're not into the culture. It's a haven for nudists; you can stay on the "prude" side but it's not nearly as much fun. Nice water sports, good security, etc., but what is really wonderful about this place is meeting people and completely losing yourself in a different society -- It's the closest I've ever seen to Utopia. Don't go if you are nervous about a heavy (albeit campy) focus on sex. The wild reputation is partly deserved - depends on who's there. Good luck, Katie