Car in Nevis??

Mar 8th, 2003, 12:08 PM
lbw
Original Poster

Car in Nevis??

Going to the Four Seasons, Nevis. Would it be worth it to rent a car for our stay?

Also, any feedback on the resort? Thanks so much!
Mar 8th, 2003, 01:05 PM

I would save my money and get a taxi instead. The island is very small, very rough roads on the north and east side (not so good on the west side either) and would be so much easier with a taxi. Take in count driving on the left with the chickens and goats in the roads.
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:32 PM

We were in Nevis last August. We rented a car and were so glad we did. It gives you more freedom to explore on your own time. The roads were not that bad to drive on. We discovered alot of great beaches and restaurants "on our own" due to the rented car. The people of Nevis are very friendly and helpful and there is no way you can get lost. The main road circles the island. Have a great trip! I envy you!
Mar 9th, 2003, 07:59 PM
lbw
Original Poster

Gini,
Did you rent your car from a local company? Did you rent it for your entire trip?

We are so excited about our trip!
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:55 AM

We were in Nevis last April and stay at FS. There is a company that comes to the resort and sets you up with a vehical. We had no problem and felt they were fair. We enjoyed having a vehical for 2 days. That was enough. After that we used a cab. Using a cab also brings it's own advantages too. Have fun it's a nice island.
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:07 AM

We stayed at Hurricane Cove (great place). They arranged the car rental via Noel's. We even got to rent a car in St Kitts for the day at no extra charge.