Cap Vs. Cuisinart?

Jan 21st, 2003, 05:34 PM
Mike

Cap Vs. Cuisinart?

I'm about to book my June 2003 honeymoon. We've narrowed it down to either Cap Jaluca or the Cuisinart Resort. Both sound fabulous - in fact it's hard to find anything negative about either place. I'm looking for some pros and cons comparing the two places. Thanks.

Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:00 AM
Sheila

Having stayed at neither place, but wanting to help, may I suggest you do a search on each property here on the forum then make notes of pros and cons. I have only toured each property.

I am very familiar with Anguilla's beaches though and prefer Maundays Bay (Cap Juluca). It is not as long as Rendezvous Bay but is prettier and has better swimming.

The restaurants are much better at Cap Juluca, IMHO.

If all else fails, base your decision on which hotel offers the best rate and ameneties that you would use.

Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:31 AM
anguillafan

I stayed at Cuisinart 2 years ago and liked it, the suites are a good size and face a lovely beach. At the time we were there, there were lots of children and I've since heard that Cuisinart is certainly more geared for families. CJ is set on a beautiful beach with many rooms leading directly down onto the sand. The staff at CJ are very friendly and accommodating and the restaurants are excellent. Personally, we liked both, but we did feel that CJ had the edge over Cuisinart. If you've got 2 weeks, what about doing both hotels and seeing which you prefer? Just a suggestion!

Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:27 AM
Charlene

We stayed at Cap Juluca for our honeymoon 12 years ago. It was the BEST spot in the Caribbean for a honeymoon. We go to different islands every year and I will tell you what someone told us on our honeymoon: "You are starting at the best. The others don't compare."

Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:54 AM
Kat

I've stayed twice at Cap and lunched and explored at Cuisinart. Cap is casually elegant and wonderfully romantic; a qualitative degree above Cuisinart which, to my taste, is somewhat tacky and garish.

Feb 12th, 2003, 07:38 AM

Having stayed at Cuisinart in November as well as visiting the grounds and eating lunch (George's) and dinner (Pimm's)at Cap, we found Cuisinart to have nicer grounds, a beautiful beach and the best restaurant on the island (Santorini). The junior suite was large and well appointed with a nice island color combination. The bathroom was large enough to live in with Italian marble, double sink, oversized thick plate glass shower and a tub for two. The staff was very attentive and the Spa offered wonderful services. Continental breakfast was included with the options of going to the restaurant or having it brought to your suite and set up in the suite or on the veranda overlooking the beach with St Martin in the distance.
We're going back in May!!
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:40 AM

I really feel you cannot go wrong with eiter one, I have stayed at both, and dined at both. CuisinArt is not as spread out as CJ, everything is more central. Its central showcase is its infinity pool, all dining is set back and does overlook the pool, small section of beach, lights of St. Martin. The dining area was set back as the west end of a hugh Rendezvous
Bay can be very breezey. The villas line up in front, sort of a wind breaker. The gardens are outstanding! Hydroponic greens, small cherry tomatos wonderful. It has large spa/beauty building, very nice. TV's in all rooms,
large marble baths.
I prefer CJ as the villas are spread out over Maundays Bay, and you have more privacy in the lower floor rooms, and a less windy beach. Excellent spa service, and wonderful beach. No TV's in the room, which is fantastic! Lovely wooden louvred doors, marble baths, great showers, and outdoor sunning area.
As far as restaurants, I enjoy both places! The best part about Anguilla is it is more than a resort, where you feel confined. The whole island has great beaches, nice people, and is easy to get around! Lots of dining options near both hotels. I would look at the web sites, and see which one appeals to you the most. I met a honeymoon couple a few years ago, who stayed at CJ, loved it, visted CuisinArt, who liked it, happy about their choice, but felt
CuisinArt would be preferred by some of their friends. So now make the choice!