Search

Cap Jaluca Advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cap Jaluca Advice

My husband and I are planning a trip in March to celebrate our 20th anniversary. I should also mention it has been 14 years since we have been away without kids! We have (I think) narrowed our selection to Cap Jaluca, Anguilla. We are looking for an amazing beach, good food, good service and a luxury room that is ocean front. This trip is far beyond our usual vacation budget, which is perfectly fine if it lives up to the brochure. Is it really as good as it looks? Are the rooms all oceanfront, and are any locations better than others? Any information would be appreciated, (pros and cons) as well as restaurant recommendations and other practical advice. Thanks so much!
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 06:11 AM

Lots has been written about Cap Jaluca on this board. If you type in Cap Jaluca in the search box you'll find hundreds of posts from the past year that will tell you everything you want to know about the resort. Also you'll find an equal number of posts about the various restaurants on the island. There was a lengthy one just last week. Again check the archives.

To answer your specific questions, CJ will live up to your expectations. It's on one of the finest beaches on Anguilla, the service is first rate, the food is very good (but pricey) however, there are many great restaurants on the island (in all price ranges) so plan on eating at least some of your meals "off resort".

The rooms are nicely appointed and all are considered beachfront. The ground level rooms have their own garden patio which give you a feeling of privacy while still allowing a nice view of the water and are only steps away from the pristine white sand beach. The second floor rooms have a balcony which afford you unobstructed views of the Caribbean and you are only one flight of stairs away from the beach. Personally, I prefer the ground floor rooms but many others like the views from the second floor. It really is a matter of one's own personal taste. It's hard to say which room location is better as each area of the resort has it's own special charm. CJ does not honor specific room number or location requests even for repeat guests so I wouldn't waste effort worrying about that. One last hint plan on renting a car as there is not much within walking distance of the resort and you will want to get out and explore the iskland and it's 35 other beaches. Besides taxis get very expensive.

Have a great trip and if you haven't already, don't forget to get your passports so you can take a day trip to St. Martin or nearby St. Barth's.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 09:00 AM

Hi, I answered your post on another forum. Lots of info here just search,
CJ is spelled Cap Juluca. No matter where you stay on the island--Anguilla has lots of choices. Another source of info would be the reports on Trip
Advisior. My first trip to Anguilla was in March 92, have been going to the island every year since, and twice a year since 2000. Cap is my first choice-----its still wonderful, quiet,
even when the hotel is full. The only time I would not stay there besides the busy Christmas holidays, and Presidents week in Feb. as this has been a big family, kids get away for years!
Old Oct 8th, 2005, 07:20 PM

Hello meglett! You might want to look into the ALLAMANDABEACH CLUB on Shoal Bay East. It is a beautiful place and many of my frioends in St. Thomas have said good things about it. You can get a beautiful one bedroom suite for around $200 per night. Cap Jaluca is a great place but Allamanda will save you a lot of money plus they have a gournet restaurant right at the resort.Look at www.allamandabeachclub/anguilla.com Hope this helps
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 04:46 AM

With all due respect, Allamanda & Cap are NOT in the same category. Allamanda may be a good value on a pricey island but it is not a special place for an anniversary, nor is it what these folks are looking for. It's not directly on the beach; only some of the rooms even have views; the restaurant, Zara's is good, not great; and the room are certainly not luxurious.

There are 80 or so restaurants in Anguilla, many of which are amazingly good. Cap is on one of the best beaches though several others certainly merit a trip (there are 33!!). Cap & Anguilla are very special -- you can't go wrong there.
Old Oct 9th, 2005, 09:38 AM

You will love Anguilla. The beaches are beautiful, the island safe and relaxing, and the food absolutely delicious.

My husband and I went their many years ago, before kids, and we wouldn't hesitate to return.