Reload this Page >

Caneel bay in St. John?

Search

Caneel bay in St. John?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 1998, 02:21 PM
Jerry Nash

Caneel bay in St. John?

My fiancee and I are thinking about going to Caneel bay on St. John for our honeymoon in January. It sounds beautiful and several people we have spoken to said that they loved it. <BR> <BR>Does anybody have any pros or cons to offer about the place? <BR>

Old Jul 29th, 1998, 03:38 PM
charlie

Jerry search for Carribean Travel Roundup , follow the thread to edition #86 july 15, 1998. Ed Adams has a terrific article on Canell Bay ,answering just about any question you may have.

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 04:29 AM
Patrick

Jerry- I also recommend the Adams article. We have visited Caneel many times while staying elsewhwer on St. John- if you like beauty and watersports of any kind you will be very pleased. My wife and I agreed that if we could could it all again we would have honeymooned at caneel. Have fun.

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 04:32 AM
Patrick

Jerry- I also recommend the Adams article. We have visited Caneel many times while staying elsewhwer on St. John- if you like beauty and watersports of any kind you will be very pleased. My wife and I agreed that if we could could it all again we would have honeymooned at caneel. Have fun.

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 08:34 PM
Dave

We stayed there two years ago. It was lovely. The grounds were elegant. There were seven beaches, never crowded, excellent snorkeling. Very quiet. Dinig was good, but consider other restaurants on the island. There is a good hike into town, and several National Park ranger tours which are excellent.

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 06:10 AM
Beverly

Jerry: <BR> We went to Caneel Bay in l967 on our honeymoon, and have been back a number of times since then. It is our very favorite place in the world! It's very understated, but elegant. The food is wonderful. The beaches and the snorkeling are superb! You can walk out of your room and into the water and snorkel. It really is heaven-on-earth! Have a wonderful honeymoon. You'll want to go back again and again!

Old Aug 17th, 1998, 02:57 PM
Ron

My wife and I were at Caneel 2 years ago. The beaches are gorgeous, the grounds are lovely and the food is spectacular, particularly the Equator restaurant. One drawback. Everyone told us how quiet it is. Well that was not our experience. The rooms have no A/C and there are screens on two walls that allow the cool breezes at night. The result is that you can hear everything in the room next door. For the first part of our stay, our neighbors had small children who cried at night ( families are encouraged there now), and then a party of loud adults moved in, shouting to each other at midnight. Maybe our experience was unusual. <BR>