Can anyone compare Nevis and St. John?

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 05:49 AM
Nicole

Can anyone compare Nevis and St. John?

Looking for someplace with beautiful scenery/beaches, no crowds, etc. and at first glance these two seemed to fit the bill. Roads must be good enough to make a rental car feasible since we're not the types to stay at a single resort all week. I'm guessing that Nevis has a bit more Caribbean flavor, but what other differences? We've heard good things about each island individually, but has anyone been to both?

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 06:25 PM
Gail

Nevis is beautiful, but it's beaches do not compare to St. John's.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 09:59 AM
Jamie

Nicole,
Have been to both places - Nevis is beautiful, very Caribbean, wonderful people. St John has great beaches and snorkeling, very crowded with tourists and very American feeling. Driving is easy on St John but is harder in Nevis. Jamie

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 05:38 AM
anon

Great comparisons. The beaches on St. J are white, on Nevis they're dark but still beautiful. Both great choices, depending on your preferences, & you can't go wrong, IMO.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 05:41 AM
anon

(dropped my last sentence). St. John will be more crowded though, with daytrippers from cruise ships & neighboring islands. Even so, it's not hard to find a beach with few to share it.