Search

Campo de Casa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Campo de Casa

3/15/04 - Leave your jewelry at home, guard your cash as if it is the last that you own, pack clothes that you don?t care about, and if you must bring ANYTHING of value to this resort (cell phones, cameras, cd players, computers, etc), make sure it can fit in the tiny safe in the room. Then be on your guard the entire vacation, monitoring your things, taking inventory, checking your safe, locking every door and window, etc. If you don?t mind your personal things being ripped off from your own locked room, then you might enjoy a vacation at Campo de Casa. The good times we had at this resort on Spring Break 2004 where overshadowed by the thefts from our rooms and the total disregard for our losses from Management. Short of catching the thieves red-handed or having of video of the crime, it would be impossible to convince the management of the resort that a crime was committed. I should have heeded the warnings of others who had similar problems as reported on other travel web forums. The rooms manager (self proclaimed General Manager) will tell you that that they do not have these problems and will attempt to soothe you with is rhetoric about how the hotel will take the matter seriously blah, blah, blah. Then after a few days he will tell you the hotel cannot be responsible. It is very predictable. I believe that this is a recurring problem and as a result, the resort policy is to deny everything. The only honorable man in this mix was the Security Chief who was both honest and forthcoming. Unfortunately, when trying to resolve this issue with the rooms manager, I informed him of the Security Officer?s previous candid comments to me about having had some problems in the past and how they successfully handled them. The instant the rooms manager heard this, he said to me, ?He?s fired!? Now, if that is not evidence of covering up, I don?t know what is. Fire the only honest man on the staff. A big mistake for ?management? and if so, a bad loss for this hotel. If anyone should be fired at Campo de Casa, it should be the ?rooms manager? for his absolute poor customer service abilities.

This resort is owned by the Central Romana Corporation, a Dominican company. I know, because at 2:30 in the morning on the third day at the resort, I stopped the alleged corporation President?s son speeding out of the resort in his Porshe Boxer with one of our 16 year old girls in route to a downtown discoteque (off the property). Apparently, he and his friends had been ?buying drinks on the house? for the gang at the resort bar and 2:30 A.M. was too early to call it a night. He wobbled the entire time I talked to him and his friends about what they where doing with our kids. He proudly informed me that ?they? own the place. Apparently his dad and some of the other kid?s families are involved in the ownership of the resort. He appeared drunk to me, slurring his speech while puffing his cigarette smoke in my face. I felt my children where being ?preyed? upon by this 18 year old kid and his local friends, by taking advantage of their ?ownership? status at the resort. Thank God we heard the commotion outside our room and put a stop to this party before something really bad happened, like a death on the highway in a third world country.

I can only hope that someone at the Central Romano Corporation is listening. We paid over $20,000 to this resort to go relax and unwind, have a good time with our kids, and capture memories for a lifetime. It was our first time in the Dominican Republic. Instead, we are bitter and would never recommend this place to anyone. They have lost our group and many good customers for a lifetime.
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 01:21 PM

Your experience is truly sad. This property had been on my "hit list" of places to visit, but no more!! Thanks for the warning.
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:45 PM

I was a little weary about traveling to the Campo de Casa after reading your email. Campo de Casa was on our list of travels, so we followed through with it. The experience and people were great. The service was more quick and efficient then other luxurious hotels that we have visited. We brought our daughters as well. They seemed to have just as much as fun as us. I'm sorry to hear about your not satisfying trip but ours was anything but not satisfying. I give my highest regards to this hotel because me and my family thinks they deserve it. Did you ever think that your daughters could of approached the gentlemen and lied about there age? Thats very common for vacations.
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:11 AM

I'm sorry, but are you referring to Casa de Campo?
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 03:07 AM

Well, I'm really perplexed now; my husband is set on booking a week at casa de campo in november but after reading this, I'm a bit weary of doing that.
I'll have to ask around some more and see if this is a good choice.