Calling Home

Jul 22nd, 2002, 02:11 PM
Mic

Calling Home

I've read a lot about the AT&T calling card that you can purchase from SAM's. Most of the updates that I have seen are where the cards were used in Negril. I'm sure they are the same, but figured I'll check anyway. Has anyone used the AT&T calling card (from Sam's) at Grand Lido Sans Souci? I'm just trying to find the cheapest way to callback to the US to check on the boys.

Jul 24th, 2002, 09:54 AM
JJ

I have not used the At&t cards that you purchase to call from my travels, but I have used my own card from my long distance provider and found the cost reasonable. I have also called directly from the hotel on many occasions (from the carribean) and was quite surprised that it was not that bad at all, although each hotel is different in their own charges.

Jul 24th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Mic

Thanks for the f/b. We will be ag GLSS for 6 days - leaving the boys 2 and 5 years old back in Houston with mother-in-law so I'm sure my wife is going to want to call everyday so I'm just trying to get the least expensive method.

Jul 24th, 2002, 10:16 PM
xxxxx

Took the AT&T Sam's card to Ocho Rios and could not use it anywhere.

Jul 25th, 2002, 12:44 AM
tivertonhouse

You will need a WorldCard or Flex Card,both purchasable anywhere (shops,groceries,etc.)in Negril (and ONLY in Jamaica) to make intl.calls from Jamaica. US cards rarely
work on island.