Cabs in Provo

Oct 29th, 2003, 10:12 AM
davsaz

Cabs in Provo

Will be arriving Provo with five family members and five large suitcases. Will we all fit into one taxi? Also, about how much money for taxi from airport to Comfort Suites?

Then, the next day we need to get from Comfort suites to Beaches. Can we walk this (dragging five suitcases) or are we better off getting a taxi? On that note, would it be cheaper to take taxi back to airport (I have free vouchers for airport to Beaches) or would it be cheaper to take taxi from Comfort Suites to Beaches. Nothing like watching your pennies after you've shelled out thousands$$$ Ha-ha!LOL

Thanks for any answers.

Oct 29th, 2003, 11:33 AM

Most of the cabs are vans, so fitting all your luggage shouldn't be a problem. Not sure on the total cost from airport as our transfers were included.

You will need to take a cab to Beaches the next day, not a walkable distance with luggage unless you want to walk 30-40 mins down beautiful Grace Bay!! It will be cheaper to get a taxi directly to Beaches and not back to the airport. The airport is much further. Hope this helps!
Oct 29th, 2003, 05:47 PM

It is too far to walk with bags from Comfort Suites to Beaches. You will need a cab. I think the cab from the airport to Beaches area was around 30 dollars.
You are in the general area so from Comfort Suites to Beaches would not be that much.
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:53 AM
davsaz

Thanks everyone for the replies. Will do taxi to CS, then taxi from CS to Beaches the next morning. Any recommendations for an inexpensive dinner that we can walk to from Comfort Suites?

Oct 30th, 2003, 06:00 AM

Comfort Suites is located right next to the Ports of Call. There are 3-4 restaurants in the Ports of Call. We ate at the Barefoot Cafe...very good and reasonable. We didn't try the others, but many talked about Latitudes (it is upstairs). Anyway, check out the different restaurant's specials...they have boards and menus posted outside.
Oct 30th, 2003, 09:28 AM

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in February/March 2002. The other restaurants at the Port of Call are quite good and less expensive than some other places (Graces Cottage, Hemmingways). As well as the Barefoot Cafe there is Lattitudes (Thursday night is rib night, don't miss it) and Calicos Jacks (I believe that is the name). It too is quite good especially the conch burger. Behind the Comfort Suites is the TikiHut (I think that is the name). Good food, large portions. We also ate at another reasonably priced place just up beyond the TikiHut...a sports bar...you go upstairs. Good food with a couple of pool tables. Really didn't feel comfortable beating a local at his local bar but we all had a good laugh over a few brew. Overall...Provo is a great place for a relaxing holiday. You should consider taking a tour over to Middle Caicos for a tour of the caves and then snorkelling stops on the way back.
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:40 PM
davsaz

Thanks for all the advice. Great to know we can just walk over to Ports of Call.

Search this Thread