Cabo San Lucas-Solmar Suites-Any Info??

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 11:03 AM
Cridow

Cabo San Lucas-Solmar Suites-Any Info??

Myself and 3 of my friends (all girls) are going to Cabo San Lucas and staying at the Solmar Suites in a few weeks. Has anyone ever been there - not particularly the hotel but the island itself? We are concerned about the weather (it seems a bit chilly now) and just general information since none of us have been there before. Any advice would be helpful.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 11:27 AM
tmn

I have been to Cabo 6 times, and love it! I am not aware of the hotel you will be staying, but I haven't seen a bad hotel there yet. Be prepared to have a GREAT TIME! I don't know how old you and your friends are but the nightlife in Cabo is always CRAZY with lots of young people from CA. Do not miss going to The Giggling Marlin (do not wear skirt or dress there, trust me)or Squid Row. You don't need to spend alot of $$ on food - it's all mexican very good - not much shopping really - the main activities include water, beaches, and drinks...have fun! The weather is always nice there - been there on NY's eve and it was as hot as it was in May or September

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 05:53 PM
Peggy

Solmar is a great place since it is close to town but removed by a bluff & mostly by itself on the beach, not a swimming beach though. As a married couple it has been ideal but didn't seem like a party place if that's what you're looking for. Plaza Las Glorias on the marina would be better for that. The weather will be warm, no problem. We used to love Cabo when it was more low key (we haven't felt like returning again) but since you're probably looking for alot of activity & partying, it is a good place for that! Have fun!

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 06:56 PM
xxx

Don't want to shake you up too much, but Cabo is not in the Caribbean!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:31 AM
DIXIE

Nor is it an island, but it is a beautiful place!