BVI-Kid Friendly,Prospect,BEYC

Old Feb 25th, 1999, 07:24 PM
Karen

BVI-Kid Friendly,Prospect,BEYC

Hi! Anyone out there have any experience with children at any of the following resorts: <BR>Biras Creek, The Bitter End Yacht Club, Prospect Reef Resort. We have 2 children, 10 and 7 and would like to scubadive a few times knowing that they are cared for and hopefully having a good time while we enjoy diving. Any feedback will be helpful!

Old Feb 25th, 1999, 07:26 PM
Donna

From what I read in the brochures, Prospect Reef would be a good choice. They have entertainment centers for the kids.

Old Feb 26th, 1999, 03:11 AM
Karen

Biras might not be the place for your kids ... they may even have an age limit! More activities at BE ... but the food is far from wonderful!

Old Feb 28th, 1999, 02:22 PM
Joel

Karen, <BR>I agree with one of the other postings that Biras will not do. It caters to adults though I know of no limits placed on having kids there. <BR>BEY would be unlikely, also, from what I know about it. <BR>If you require sitters for your children, I suggest you call Prospect Reef and ensure that they are, indeed, available. <BR>Here are 3 other suggestions that I believe could work out for you, but I would call or email. I've been to all 3 and all 3 have kids around, but are much smaller than Prospect Reef which is quite large. They are on the West end of Tortola, close to Soper's Hole (which might work for your diving). First, contact Frenchman's Cay Hotel and talk to Pam, the owner/manager. She might be able to arrange a sitter. Pam is very honest and will not mislead you. I've know her for years. At FCH you get a villa with the best view in Tortola, very good security, and no through traffic as they are at the end of land. Second, Long Bay Resort is large enough that they might have a children's program. Third, try Sugar Mill. It has the best food on the island and my also be able to arrange a nanny, but would likely be too small for a children's program. All have web sites that you can reach at BVIWELCOME.COM <BR>

Old Jun 25th, 2011, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is late but I hope it will help others.
BEYC has programs for children. While we have not taken ours, we have seen a few staff with groups of children, probably 6-10 yrs. They were having a ball while I am sure their parents were having fun sailing.

I would suggest calling BEYC (Chicago toll free number) and they can fill you in on the details.

We go for the Pro-Am. Unbelievable....racing with America's Cup champions.