bored in jamaica?

Old Mar 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bored in jamaica?

I have never been to the caribbean and am not really interested in doing the al-iclusive food, but with 1 week of holidays coming up in May, we are considering travelling to Negril. My only concern is there not being enough to see or do (I am not a sit by the pool all day type person). I love good food and I look forward to going out for good dinners while on holidays. Our last trip was a road trip across California which I loved-having a great combo of city and stunning scenery, good high class restaurants etc..I know the Caribean is totally different, I am just curiosu if there is enough natural,scenery,activites and good food to satisfy us for a week.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 11:05 AM

Negril is really about chilling out and relaxing. We spent 9 days there in January and did nothing more than read, eat and go for long walks.
There are things to do as day trips (Y-S falls, Pelican Bar, Appleton Rum tour), but the thing I love about Negril is waking up when you want, eating when you want and just hanging around enjoying the great island vibe and people.
Try to stay somewhere where you have access to a cook for a meal a day and have them cook up some delicious Jamaican home cooking. Plenty of restaurants and bars also.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 01:56 PM
KVR

We went to Negril for the 1st time in November, 2006. We are not sit on the resort type people either. We only got 5 nights and it definitely was too short of a time to see and do everything we wanted.

We did the YS/Black River/Appleton Rum Factory tour, the May Field Falls tour, went to Margaritaville and Rick's Cafe, and went to the craft market for shopping.

Others available tours include the Canopy Tour, Horseback riding, jeep safari, kayaking, snorkeling, glass bottom boat trip, Pelican Bar tour, ocean safari, river tubing, sea trek, dolphin swims, ATV's, deep sea fishing, golf, catamaran day and evening sails just to name a few.

Then if you want to travel over to Ocho Rios then these tours are available there: Dunns River Falls, Blue mountain tours, Bob Marley tour, Coyoba Gardens, Walkerswood and Wassi Art Tour, rafting on the Martha Brae, Fern Gully, Kingston day tour, and Shaw Park Gardens to name a few.

There is plenty to do to keep you busy for a weeks vacation.

If you do a google search for excursions in Negril Jamaica, you will find several web-sites for information.

As for food options, we did an AI hotel. However, there are several Negril fans on this board that can give you great places to dine off your resort. Hopefully they will post.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

thanks!
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 05:41 AM

Not to sound sarcastic, but if you find yourself bored on Jamaica, then you should pretty much plan on not visiting any other Caribbean island ever. The topography of that island lends itself to many types of adventures. Zip lining, river tubing and rafting, mountain biking, horseback riding and such just to name a few. That said, most of those adventures are on the north coast of the island, about a 2hr drive from Negril. Negril on the other hand has the calm seas and lends itself to the better water sports. It's a beautiful island with WONDERFUL people to make you feel at home and welcome. Frankly I keep trying to find and island I like better, but have yet to do it. Have fun if you go!