Search

Bitter End Trip Report

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 12:05 PM
Kara

Bitter End Trip Report

Hi, I just spent 45 min. typing a trip report that somehow never got posted!! So, instead of retyping it...I first wanted to know if there is any interest in one...if so, let me know and I will redo it. Any takers?

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 01:18 PM
mary

Where did you stay?

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 04:13 AM
KARA

BITTER END, VIRGIN GORDA.

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 05:57 AM
Steve

I was just researching biras creek for my next trip to the caribbean and saw that bitter end was right next door. did you see biras creek and what did you think? bitter end or biras? how was the snorkeling there and did you do any scuba diving? how did you get there from us? flight into virgin gorda or ferry from St. Thomas?

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 12:10 PM
H

Yes, I'm thinking of going to BEYC for a honeymoon 1/3/2001.

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 02:35 PM
Always

Yes, Please!

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 03:21 AM
Karen

Maybe use the "Rants and Raves" section. You can also type the report off-line and then post it! So much easier (and saves it for "glitches" just like you encountered). Would love the "take" on BEYC from the sailing/diving perspective. <BR>Biras and BEYC are very different offering a very different atmosphere altho within walking distance of each other ... but better to dinghy there! (Brias offers complimentary Boston Whalers to the guests). I would definately opt for Biras unless I were interested in the boating atmosphere at BE and not too interested in "great dinners!"

Old Jun 25th, 2000, 02:37 PM
Joel

Yes, Kara, I would definitely be interested in your feedback on BEYC. I had provided you with all of my opinions before you made your trip. So I guess you owe me one. <BR>DesTech grad 77. <BR>

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 04:24 AM
cathy

Kara, <BR> <BR>I also would be very interested in your take on BEYC as I am booked for two weeks in November. I have spoken to several people that have stayed there and they really enjoyed it. My understanding is that except for the boating activities, there isn't much to do. That is fine with me as my husband and I are looking for R&R. I am concerned about the comments re: the food at BEYC. My understanding is that they have won a number of awards inlcuding "Best in the Caribbean" for their meals. The individuals I have spoken with said all of the food was wonderful and particularly their fish. <BR>

Old Jul 19th, 2000, 09:59 AM
Rich

Hi Kara, I would love to see your trip report, as I am trying to decide on Virgin Gorda vs some other places. Is it available ? <BR>

Old Jul 19th, 2000, 12:53 PM
ohliz

Technical tip: When writing my trip reports, I've learned to compose them in MS Word or some other program which will allow me to save the file as I go along. <BR> <BR>When I'm done, I copy and paste it onto whatever travel board(s) and voila! Trip report online and a copy saved for myself (which is great fun to go back and read!). <BR> <BR Liz

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 05:20 PM
Mary

Stayed at BEYC in February. The sailing is great. There really are not great beaches and there is no way I can believe the food won any awards. Everyone I know who has been there goes knowing you do not go expecting great food.

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 02:45 AM
Chas

Kara: <BR> <BR>Yes, do type off-line first. I have had the same happen to me in the past. My feeling is that is has something to do with the length of the post (only happens on long posts). If it happens again; spilt it in half when you post.