Reload this Page >

Biras Creek for honeymoon - help please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 05:01 AM
catherine

We're planning on going to Biras Creek in December for our honeymoon. In fact we're stretching our budget to go to this (hopefully) idyllic honeymoon spot. My question is whether all the extras are ridicously expensive (day trips, snorkelling, drinks etc. etc.) <BR> <BR>Also, we'd like to know if the ocean suite worth the extra money? Although we are stretching our budget, we are willing to go the extra mile if it's worth it. <BR> <BR>Any help or insight would be much appreciated. <BR>Thanks.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 05:54 AM
Marta

My husband & I stayed at BC for our honeymoon last month. IMO, you absolutely do not need to stay in an ocean suite. The other cottages have beautiful views of Bercher's Bay, filtered out by beautiful grape leaf trees. You hear the ocean also. And all the cottages are decorated the same way, with the same layout (all have very nice terraces facing the ocean). <BR>As far as the day trips go, yes, they are expensive. E.G., a trip to Anegada for 1/2 day is $90/pp. Sunset sail cruises are $60/pp (only drinks incl, 2 hr ride). Snorkeling daytrips (usually 1/2 day) range from $60-75/pp. <BR>Also, alcohol/drinks are expensive, e.g., can of coke $3.50, pina colada $10.00. If you have any other ques, you can email me.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 09:52 AM
Kathy

Hi Catherine! <BR> I think Biras is a perfect choice for your honeymoon. My husband & I were there in Feb. and would go back anytime. We did stay in an Ocean suite and for me it was worth it because I love to just sit and watch the waves. But as Marta says, all the suites are alike(lovely) so thats really up to you <BR> As to the cost of the day trips, some were expensive and some I thought very reasonable. We went on a morning snorkel that was great for 25.00 per person. We also took the snorkel trip to the baths for 40.00 per person. They were both good trips for not much money. The Anegada trip does include lunch so that is more expensive. If you don't want to pay to snorkel, just take one of the Boston Whalers out on your own and go to a beach and snorkel from there. <BR> I happen to love frozen drinks and I don't remember paying more than 7.50 for any of them, some were 6.00. My husband loves coke so we found they were cheaper(1.50 I think) at the marina. We would just ride our bikes down, pick up a few and put them in the fridge. <BR> Biras is expensive, but to me it was well worth it. It is a trip you will remember always-you can spend alot on extras or you can explore on you own-it's up to you. If you have any more questions feel free to email me, and have a lovely honeymoon!

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 04:57 AM
Joel

My wife and I were at Biras. We found it well priced for what you get. Marta's info is quite in line with what I would have said. In particular, I would not opt for the Ocean Suite. We found that the verandahs of the Ocean Suites offer no shade from the sun. If you aren't accustomed to Caribbean sun then using your verandah becomes difficult at any time. We would have preferred the filtered sun of the Garden Suites. <BR>I should add that we also decided that for us, Biras is a bit too isolated. But, lest you misread what I'm saying, for a honeymoon you could not do better IMO than Biras Creek. <BR>While we opted for a few of the add-on activities, in retrospect we found them to be nice but not necessary. There are enough included events that I would not want to take any more than a couple of the add-ons. <BR>I thought that their pricing was fair and reasonable in all things, although I've heard others complain on this site. We've been to the BVI many times and have seen that the all-inclusive experience is more rare here. That's an advantage as it keeps the price down for those of us who want primarily to chill and are quite content to rent a 4WD for a week or two and hit different beaches every day or just go driving through the mountains.

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 05:09 PM
Louis

I would like to add my two cents for people just starting out. If Biras Creek is stretching your budget pick a place that is not and you will have a better time and more fun. Life is an adventure and everything does not have to be perfect. You will remember best what you did together when thing were otherwise. I think you might consider Frenchmans on Tortola or even Cooper Island as an alternative. You can save enough for a down payment on perhaps something that will last longer than a honeymoon. If you can get along when things are not perfect, you have it made.