Biras Creek accomodations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're thinking of booking a trip to Virgin Gorda, probably splitting the time between Biras Creek and Little Dix. Can anyone recommend which room/cabin to request? We'd like a great view and great privacy-- and we also don't want to hear the ocean at night. We were able to meet those requirements on St. John, but some of the posts I've read suggest that one would definitely hear the sea from Biras. Is that correct? Are there other equally "up-scale" accomodations on VG where one doesn't hear the ocean noise? I know some people love that sound-- and we do during the day-- but we have trouble sleeping with any kind of noise-- esp. surf noise. Thanks!
P.S. Snorkeling is our main pleasure.
Old Jul 24th, 2004, 03:43 PM

Biras Creeks bedrooms have optional air-conditioning, so just turn on and you won't hear anything but the humm of the unit.

We like the Little Dix rooms in the 100s series toward the south end near the spa - the rooms are set back from the beach with a lovely lawn and gardens in between.

You've chosen two very nice resorts - enjoy!
Old Jul 24th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

ScubaMom-- Thanks for replying. We're not crazy about AC (in part, in fact, because we don't like the noise-- much prefer silent ceiling fans). Do some of the Biras accomodations not have the ocean sound? Since you know both properties, I'd be interested in knowing which you prefer. Obviously, the beach at Little Dix has to be much better-- but what about the snorkeling? And the rooms themselves? Do you know of any property on VG that has grounds as gorgeous as at Caneel (where the food, however, is terrible)? I appreciate your responding. Thanks!
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 07:39 AM

The Garden Suites at Biras probably do not have any ocean sounds. They are not quite as private as the Oceanside ones, but are the exact same floor plan. And yes, there are plenty of windows to open and a sliding glass door in the Living room. The cuisine is exquisite!

Snorkeling in the North Sound near Biras is great. At Dix, you can take a short run down to the Baths area for snorkeling there. There's a few places to snorkel off the beach. Dix's big buffet night is wonderful or for an extra fee, they will set a table at waters edge - very romantic.

Biras has mostly adults, Dix may have some families with children. I like your idea of staying at both - we do the same thing, plus they are in different parts of Virgin Gorda.
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 07:42 AM

P.S. you can read reviews of both resorts at www.scubamom.com/bvi/ - maybe that will give you more info.