Reload this Page >

Best Resort in Varadero vs. Cay Coco?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Nanda

My husband and I are planning a trip to Cuba in December. Which resort should we stay in? What's the weather like in December? We're both in our 20's and want to stay somewhere where we can relax but also have a good time. Varadero or Cacyo Coco? We want a beautiful beach and my husband is a little particualr about food. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Melissa

I just got back and we went to both Varadero and Cayo Coco to inspect hotels. Are you looking for romantic? fun?<BR><BR>My fav in Varadero was Tryp Penisula offered by Air Transat Holidays. They do allow children, but we loved our room, the pool, the beach and the disco. I thought it had a little something for everyone. The LTI Varadero was also quite nice. Beaches was lovly and only allows kids over the age of 16. When the Sandals is open it will by far be the nicest hotel in Varadero. We saw it in the construction stage. <BR><BR>In Cayo Coco, we only saw 3 hotels. The Melia Cayo Guellermo was romantic, bright and very beautiful. As well the Melia Cayo Coco was very romantic. They have some hotel rooms built over a lagoon. <BR><BR>The Tryp Cayo Coco, was very large, but i thought would have been a really fun resort to stay in. I thought it was clean, the rooms were large and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. I have had a few clients complain of minor things such as brocken walk way tiles, and not all the restaraunts being open, but I found out while there, if there is less than 50% occupency, they shut half the resort down. Those are a few cautions, but I think you would have a good time. <BR><BR>I saw 20 hotels in total, so let me know if you have any more questions.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Nanda

Melissa, thanks so much for the info. Do you know if it's possible to go 2 weeks, 1 in Varadero and the other in Cayo Coco. My husband and I want to go away for two weeks and get the bestof both worls. We fear Cayo Coco might be a little too mellow for 2 weeks but at the same time we want some romance and relaxation so we don't know if Varadero will be too much of a party scene. The LTI in Varadero looks really nice so we're leaning towards that one. Have you heard anything about El Senador in Cayo Coco?

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Melissa

I am not sure if you can do both, but I don't really see why not...I have never looked into it. We just did both because they wanted us to see tons while were there. We had an 8 hour drive from Varadero to Cayo Coco, but there are small planes that fly between the two. We did not see the El Senador, we drove by it, but I guess a lot of the rooms do not have balconies, which is really nice to have when you are looking for romantic. I think romantic would be either of the Melia's. I think in Varadero, you should be able to relax at the LTI...or maybe stay somewhere like Sandals for a week if it is open by then...it will be amazing.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Nanda

Melissa, thank you so much for all the info. I checked out the Air Transat site and you're right, the Tryp Peninsula is gorgeous. I'll keep your advice in mind when I book and I'll have a drink for you when I get there. Thanks again.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Melissa

Wicked!!! I wish I was having a drink for me in Cuba!!!!

Old Apr 29th, 2011, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can travel to both destinations Cayo Coco and Varadero, take a look at these Cuba Vacation Packages: http://www.travel-to-cuba-treat.com/...-packages.html , where multiple Cuba Destinations can be combined, including, of course Varadero and Cayo Coco.
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to throw my dos centavos (two cents) worth into this thread with this suggestion.

Two weeks on a beach resort might simply be too much. Cayo Coco, while lovely, is quite remote from anything to do except sun and sand. Varadero is better in that there are some local towns (Matanzas and Cardenas) but best of all with Varadero is you are close enough to get to Havana, either for a day excursion or best of all an overnight stay. Now I'll admit that I'm a Havana junkie in that I can't get enough of that city. I think it's the heart and soul of Cuba. For that reason alone I'd take Cayo Coco out of the running.

Or, have you considered a weeks beach vacation then a week in one of the nice hotels in Havana and exploring everything that Havana has to offer. Not knowing what travel style or experiences you look for makes it a tad more difficult to offer specific advice.

Now, a resort would be All-inclusive in regards to food and booze, but Havana is best seen with a package that gives you hotel and breakfast only. That way you can get out and sample many of Havana's good restaurants and food.

Anyway, those are just a few thoughts for you to consider.

Steve