Reload this Page >

Best places to Wed in Carribean

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 10:04 AM
Renee

Hello Everyone, <BR>I want to get married in the Carribean by a gazebo surrounded by lush plants and flowers overlooking the ocean. I also want to be able to decorate the gazebo with flowers. I've only found one place on the internet that I like, Sandals Antigua Resort. I was really hoping to find a place in either of the Virgin Islands, but anywhere would be fine. Can you suggest some similar all inclusive resorts to wed? Has anyone seen a wedding in Sandals Antigua. It seems to have gotten rave reviews from what I've read. <BR>Thank you all for your help!

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 01:18 PM
Connie

You might want to check out the following web site: <BR>http://www.marriott.vi/html/weddings.html <BR>It looks like they have a gazebo that can be decorated with flowers. Plus the Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star are in the Virgin Islands (St. Thomas). Good luck with your wedding plans and congratulations!

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 03:42 PM
Erika

There is a gazebo overlooking the ocean at Gallows Point Resort on St John in the US Virgin Islands. Check out their website @ www.gallowspoint.com. They have a picture of the gazebo online in their photo gallery of the property. Check out the pictures of weddings in Gazebos (sp?) on www.usviwedding.com (look under ceremony locations)

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 08:36 PM
gail

Renee, wish you could see my wedding pictures, I got married under a small archway decorated with flowers, overlooking the ocean on a small island in the Bahamas and the wedding was wonderful. <BR> <BR>There are several resorts on the island and you can do sort of an AI, but it will include all the restaurants on the island so you have lots of choices. <BR> <BR>Try these websites www.coralsands.com and www.runawayhill.com They are on a small island in the Bahamas called Harbour Island also you can find pictures and more info on the website for Eleuthera and Harbour Island at www.briland.com <BR> <BR>Have a wonderful wedding. <BR> <BR>gail

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 03:07 AM
claire

A friend just got married in the gazebo at the sandals antigua, and said it was great. My friend said the resort planned everything and they were wonderful to work with.

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 03:12 AM
Karen

Connie is correct. The Marriott property (the Reef and MorningStar) on St. Thomas offer what you are looking for including the a/i option!

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 09:00 AM
nikki

h and i renewed our vows in a gazebo that looked out to the ocean in Sandals Halycon in st lucia 2 weeks ago; it was lovely

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 11:43 AM
Renee

Wow! You people are all so nice. I wasn't even expecting a response! The Coral Sands looks beautiful! Too bad most websites don't include wedding pics at their resort, I've been sending them e-mails. Can anyone tell me if there are turquoise beatuful waters in Antigua? Thanks again.