Reload this Page >

best location and best price

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 07:05 PM
Judy

My boyfriend and I are planning on going away next year in February and can't decide which is the best place to go to. We have narrowed it down to Cancun, Dominican Republic, or Jamaica. We were also thinking of getting married while on vacation. Any suggestions and/or opinions of which is the best place to go would be most appreciated. <BR> <BR>*Note: We do not do alot of activities but would like a nice hotel with a nice pool/beach...shopping accessibility would be great as well. <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 09:24 AM
Christa

You mentioned Cancun so I thought you might want to consider Playa del Carmen. It is just South of Cancun and boasts some of the most beautiful beaches and resorts from modest to luxury ratings. Its more quaint and laid back than Cancun and would be a nice place to be married.

Old Jun 24th, 2000, 08:58 AM
Tracy

My husband and I got married in Jamaica in June of '98. It was so romantic. We stayed at Superclubs Breezes Run-A-Way Bay. It was about 1 hour from the airport. The hotel is an all-inclusive so all the food, drinks and tips are included. The wedding was also included. All we had to pay extra for was the pictures. We sound like you - we dont do much - so this place was perfect. We just lounged on the beach the whole time. We stayed for a week - We did go out one day to see Dunn's River Falls. I think getting married on a romantic Island is the best way to get married - it's more meaningful when it's just the two of you. If you have any other questions just e-mail me at [email protected]. <BR> <BR>Good Luck!

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 06:12 PM
Judy

Thank you both for those suggestions. I will certainly be doing some investigating into those locations.

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 03:23 AM
lyynnee

Hi, <BR>It probably depends on what you want out of your vacation. Do you snorkel, or like a lot of night life, etc. I've been so far to Nassau, Freeport, Jamaica, Cancun, Cozomel, and St. Thomas. Out of all those islands I liked Nassau the best. We are going to st. Lucia this year for our honeymoon. I liked Cancun,lots of night life there, but I didn't like the fact that you have to watch what you eat and drink, I ended up getting sick from eating some vegetables. Same thing goes for Cozomel. Jamaica is very pretty, but if you like to venture off by yourself thats really not recommended. If you plan on staying at your hotel most of the time they have quit a few sandals on the island which do weddings and have lots of activities within the hotel. Hope this helps. <BR>Lynn