best beaches

Jul 19th, 2002, 10:49 AM
JJ

best beaches

My husband and I are trying to find some new island to try. We are the ultimate beach bums.. Don't like crowds, kids (leave ours home)diving, maybe some snorkeling... We have been to St. Barts, Anguilla, USVI, Barbados, want something new...any suggestions???

Jul 19th, 2002, 10:57 AM
tobagolover

Try Tobago or Antigua.

Jul 19th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Kelly

My husband and I honeymooned on Provo, Turks and Caicos in mid June. It was wonderful. Not crowded at all, the most gorgeous beaches, great snorkling. Sounds like it fits what you are looking for. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jul 19th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Anon

You've been to some of the best islands. Why change?

Jul 21st, 2002, 06:58 AM
brad

Hi JJ
My fiancee and I got back from Eleuthera in the Bahamas a couple of weeks ago. Some of the most beautiful and dramatic beaches I and we have ever seen. Secluded, empty, pink and white sand beaches-- just wonderful. If you go you will need to rent a decent 4 wheel drive jeep as some of the beaches are really off the beaten path.

Jul 21st, 2002, 06:23 PM
RichF

Lets see, you've been to St. Barts, Anguilla, USVI (St. Thomas and St. John) and Barbados...and you still want to explore the "ultimate beach"...ummmm lets see.

Try Negril 7 mile beach (Bloody Bay and Long Bay) and good snrokeling on the cliffs and the island (Booby Cay). Also try Grace Bay - Provo, Seven Mile Beach - Grand Cayman and Palm Bay/Eagle Bay - Aruba. All four of these beaches are over 5 mile long and quite spectacular.

Jul 21st, 2002, 09:16 PM
Diane

Try Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic....absolutely astounding 26 MILES of white sand beach, not crowded, some adult only resorts, etc. Punta Cana (Bavaro) beach is rated in the top 10 beaches in the world.

Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:11 AM
JJ

hey rich...we actually had provo as a consideration, any suggestions on accomodations off the beaten path. Don't like large hotels with people, heard of a small hotel
Sereno(sp)? any good????