Best beach/water in the Carribean?

Feb 2nd, 2002, 05:01 AM
Craig

Best beach/water in the Carribean?

We are planning a trip to the carribean but would like to know where is the best white sand beaches and turquoise water? The beach, I suspect, will be the most important aspect of our trip! We do like to snorkel as well!
Thanks for all and any input!!!
Craig

Feb 2nd, 2002, 05:21 AM
Gail

Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman.

Feb 2nd, 2002, 06:09 AM
Sandy

Craig,
I agree with Gail, Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman!!! Beautiful beach, calm gorgeous water, and great snorkeling right from the beach.

Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:23 AM
Penney

Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos. Miles of white, empty beaches and the water is very calm and clear - truely beautiful.

Feb 2nd, 2002, 08:37 AM
Ted

Eagle Beach and Palm Beach on Aruba (same stretch of beach, just different names). Incredible water, beautiful sand. Often voted the best beach in the world by one of those travel magazines.

Feb 5th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Carib Fan

All of the islands have beautiful water, but for my money, and we're talking long stretch of beach and WATER, is Cancun. The colors are constantly changing. I could and have sat for hours just watching the water.

Feb 5th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Craig! These are my favorite picture-perfect beaches - white sand, calm, clear, turqoise water:

Smuggler's Cove, Tortola
St. John
The Baths, Virgin Gorda
Loblolly Bay, Anegada
Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
Red Beach, Blue Beach, Green Beach, Gringo Beach in Vieques, Puerto Rico
My secret beach - off the lighthouse in Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
Playa del Carmen, Akumal and Xpu-Ha, Mexico

Feb 5th, 2002, 10:48 AM
RichF

Great question, but everytime it's the same results. The same great beaches will always be mentioned. I love spectacular white sand beaches with calm, clear & beautiful water. Here are my best beaches, that I have seen - with no bais.

Negril (incredibly clear/calm, for 7 miles)
Trunk Bay - St.Johns (the entire north coast)
Megans Bay - St. Thomas (popular but pretty)
Playa Norte - Isla Mujeres (near Cancun)
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman (awesome)Shoal Bay - Anguilla (several others on this island)
Palm Beach - Aruba (Eagle Beach is great but deeper slope)

NOTE: There are 3 or 4 great beaches on the Islands of: St.Martin, St.Barts, Antigua, Barbuda, Gold Coast Barbados, BVI, Dominican Rep, Bermuda & Bahamas.

Feb 5th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Michelle

I agree with the wonderful choices mentioned by Mariarosa. Have a great trip!

Feb 6th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Lori

Cow's Wreck Bay Beach on Anegada was incredible. The water was gorgeous and I walked for over an hour and didn't see one other person. Trunk Bay on St. John - pretty busy here though. Good luck.

Feb 6th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Beth

Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman in front on the Westin or Cancun in front of the Ritz Carlton

Feb 6th, 2002, 02:53 PM
oo

Harbour Island, Eleuthera in the Bahamas. Pink sand, though, not white. Fabulous and not built up like Condo City Cayman.

Feb 6th, 2002, 04:48 PM
cj

Flamenco Beach, Culebra, is great for the beach but the snorkeling was somewhat dismal compared to others I've seen. On the other hand, melones beach on Culebra is rather dismal -- lots of coral on the beach, plus rocks and sea urchins at entry, but snorkeling was absolutely phenomenal! sometimes you can't always get the best of both worlds, but, as I've said, the snorkeling off Melones Beach was so cool -- say sea fan, about 30 swpecies of fish, including a 6 ft. (peaceful) barracuda) and gorgeous, non-trampeled coral.

Feb 8th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Miriam

Lori,

Where exactly is Cow's Wreck Bay Beach on Anegadane? Was it expensive? Where did you stay? How long of a trip from OH? Is it worth it for a week? What type of snorkeling did you do?

Thanks!
Miriam

May 4th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Topper

To the top for Melina.

May 4th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Trish

I agree with Gail and Sandy. If you are seeking the white sand beaches and turquoise water, you will discover it on 7MB in GC. It is a frequent port of call for the cruise ships, however, so be careful who you snorkel with. Some of the boats get really full.

May 5th, 2002, 07:14 PM
dtour

Shoal Bay Anguilla is the best I've seen so far.

May 6th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Paul

dtour.......Shoal Bay East...or West.

May 6th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Paul

???

May 6th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Paul

sorry Dtour....that's supposed to be a question.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO