Search

Best Bahamas AI for a small group

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:48 PM
iw
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Bahamas AI for a small group

Hi, all! Yes, I did post a similar message a couple of days ago and Howard C was very helpful in his recommendations of T&C for an AI (which I am considering T&C for my own personal trip next June, but the others said no....I tried). Well, I just returned from Bunko, where I have been nominated to find an AI in the Bahamas for a Thurs-Mon trip mid October. So, huh, what to do???? We have all been to the Princess and really would like to try a different place. We are leaving from Richmond, VA on an evening flight (5ish, hopefully) and returning sometime on Monday evening. Any thoughts? How would the Atlantis stack up??? I am not a fan of AI at all, but with 6 or so couples involved, everyone thinks that it is the route to take and that appears to be non-negotiable.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:25 AM

Atlantis does not do an AI, they do have a program where you can add on a meal plan at 2 levels.

Sandals, Beaches and the Raddison all over AI and you may be able to get a better price with booking 6 couples.

Try www.libertytravel.com for more suggestions in the Bahamas.

You might want to consider going over to Harbour Island, none of the resorts offer AI, but they do have meal plans, and offer a dine around program where you can eat at several of the other resorts on island.

You might look into:

www.romorabay.com (villas)
www.coralsands.com
www.rockhousebahamas.com
www.runawayhill.com
www.briland.com

Hope this helps and have a great time.

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 05:46 AM
iw
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the info. I will check it out. I feel the pressure to deliver.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Bahamas are not really known for AI resorts. We have been to Atlantis both with and without the meal plan. We spent less money without the plan. You can still eat at the same restaurants, just pay as you go. The meal plan does not include drinks.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 06:49 PM

I promise if you take your friends over to Harbour Island, you will WOW them.

There are several nice resorts and B&Bs onisland and several price ranges. Also you can rent homes and villas that overlook the water on either the leeward or windward sides of the island.

There are several ways to get there, you can fly into Nassau and take the fast ferry over or fly on Bahamas Air into N. Eleuthera. You can also make a connecting flight out of Ft. Lauderdale directly into N. Eleuthera Airport and then it's a short cab and a water taxi to paradise.

Another good website for villas is www.myharbourisland.com

Have a great trip.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 07:06 PM
iw
Original Poster

Wow, I feel really stupid right now.....like I said, all we (the coupes involved) have ever done is AI in the Bahamas. As I checked out the flights tonight for the time frame for which we are looking, I am no longer finding a non-stop to the Bahamas!
I guess that times have really changed. Hummm., I am 38 and probably haven't been in 10 or more years, so my group needs to think differently. I would really think that a non-stop flight to somewhere would be better for a Thurs night-Mon afternoon departure.....am I dreaming????? In Oct. there is sooo much that can go wrong as far as weather is concerned, not to mention a short connection with luggage ( I might pack in carry on for a change!).

ps...wantsomesun...I think that you and I are on the same page....I am checking into Harbour Island.... Thanks!
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 11:19 PM

I have been going down to Harbour Island since the mid 80's and that's where I go when I need a vacation. It sure has changed since the sleepy little island it was to the charming, fun busy resort island it has become.

There are now several excellent restaurants and resorts on island and 2 dive ops and a little shopping and one of the MOST amazing beaches in the world.

The Travel Channel rated Harbour Island as the #1 destination last year.

Delta, Continental and US Air have flights into N. Eleuthera and American flies into Nassau out of Miami.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please let me know.